Hitdog18

Gun shop trade in question

Sell it yourself. You will get significantly more in a FTF sale than at a gun shop.

Shops will typicaly offer 1/2 what its worth.

Pay to become a premier member $3 and list it in the marketplace. Things tend to move fast here.

Gun shops serve a very important role in the local economy. They need to make money and will offer you up to 50% of book value.

If you have something common that moves fast... ie Glock anything except 45 gap, M&P, etc... sell it on the forum here. as long as it is reasonably priced, it will move very quickly.

If something is a higher end item, or something that is not very popular and you NEEEED to sell it, such as a Glock 37 in 45 GAP, then you go to the store, they will give you 50% of book, and move on.

Its like selling a car... you can sell it FTF and make more, (in most cases), or you can take it to a dealer trade it in or sell it, but get less.

to answer your question, i hear sportsmans rendezvous in flemington offers pretty good trade-in value. my buddy just sold some guns to them and no one else even offered a price after he told them he went there and the price they gave him. the guys behind the counter seem really stand-offish at first but once you get them talking its ok. although they dont really know their guns that well from my experience (they just give you specs from books or websites). their prices on new guns are pretty fair from what i can tell too. i just picked up a new SA EMP from them and it was the cheapest i could find without driving 2 hours away (would've cost more if you figure in the gas price) or ordering it online.