RLTW

Need to move from an A2 stock to "collapsible" style stock

I currently have an ACE Skelton Stock & I want to move to a collapsible stock, but in NJ they need to be pinned & purchasing one not pinned is illegal....So how do I get it pinned before it gets shipped to me?

I currently have an ACE Skelton Stock & I want to move to a collapsible stock, but in NJ they need to be pinned & purchasing one not pinned is illegal....So how do I get it pinned before it gets shipped to me?

It is not illegal to purchase one unpinned, I bought one and had it shipped right to my house (and plenty of others on this forum have too) and pinned it myself the same day I recieved it. If your that worried about it just take your upper over to a friends house and leave it there until you pin the stock where you want it.

Rock River Arms sells a CAR stock already pinned for $65.00 delivered. You can then drift out the roll pins adjust as necessary, redrill holes, reinstall roll pins. GTG. Includes spring, buffer, and castle nut and plate.

Is there a problem with the Ace skeleton stock? I'm asking because I was seriously considering getting one for my AR and now you have me thinking.......

Is there a problem with the Ace skeleton stock? I'm asking because I was seriously considering getting one for my AR and now you have me thinking.......

Nope just going with a different look. I was very happy with the weight & all.

Rock River Arms sells a CAR stock already pinned for $65.00 delivered. You can then drift out the roll pins adjust as necessary, redrill holes, reinstall roll pins. GTG. Includes spring, buffer, and castle nut and plate.

I went to their site, but they only have black & green.. I am looking for dark earth or coyote... I may called them. I appreciate the idea.

If you get a magpul stock, you could use this method of pinning.

I pinned both my Magpuls this way. One MOE and one CTR.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30623-how-to-pin-magpul-ctr-stock-without-drilling/

Should work on the ACS, ACS-L, and STR. The locking mechnisms seem to be the same.

I found that the this website has a lot of the magpul furniture for low prices.

http://www.slimstacticalguns.com/search.asp?keyword=magpul