9supratt4

Certified Mail for P2P?

If you send NJSP and the local PD their copy it is highly unlikely they both would be lost. You still have you copy to CYA. I've used regular mail for about 40 years and have had no problems.

If it makes you feel better send certified. I don't see a need for it.

Everything I send to NJ government goes certified, return receipt. We recently had an issue under their environmental division that would have caused a client to pony up $100,000+ dollars into a fund because Jersey let the crap sit in their mailroom for 6 weeks, and probably lost it, before we called. After we called to check, they told us we would probably still be screwed even if we forwarded them copies of the earlier documents and the evidence of the timing of mailing and signature of receipt. So we piled it all on them and did not take "maybe" for an answer and brought it to the point that they were finally more worried about themselves than us.

Nothing to do with pistol purchase copies, but still. Document your shit when fines or jail are in the offering. You have far less to worry about sending your tax return to the IRS and NJ, yet every CPA said to send them Certified RRR before people started sending them digitally.