DTtuner

AR Pistols Legal in NJ?

No. The weapon hits the maximum weight requirement and it has a magazine well that is outside of the pistol grip.

If it makes you feel any better, the Ruger 10/22 Charger is illegal as well.

You can have magazine outside the pistol grip... the weight is the killer. Where are we seeing outside the grip is a no-no... I really need to print the stupid statutes.

Question, if you have the upper and lower but keep one half at your house and the other half at some one elses house and they never 'meet', is that considered constructive intent/having all the parts to assemble?

Weight?? I've never heard of weight as a delimiting factor before.

Length, sure.

Then you may benefit from reading the laws...

ii. A semi-automatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at

least two of the following:

(1) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

(2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor,

forward handgrip, or silencer;

(3) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles the barrel and

that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being

burned;

(4) Manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and/or

(5) A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm; and

Everyone here forgot about #3 as well, as some AR pistols come with a handguard. There IS an AR15 pistol that came without the handguard, and managed to be under 50 ounces unloaded. That left the only strike to be the magazine, which would make it legal. I believe it was the Bushmaster Carbon 15 pistol.

carbon.jpg

This is what one looks like!

And they're fun as hell to shoot

Lots of muzzle flash (only a 7.5" barrel) and lots of noise!

But so little recoil (it's a .223, after all)

Single point sling on the stud at the back (under the tube) lets you push/pull with either 2 hands on the pistol grip (like a handgun) or one around the front of the mag/magwell (my 15 rounders are longer than the one in the photo)

Anything cool you can not own in jersey!!! Simple way to put it. Working at a gun store I tell all customers that n really it's bs bc we pay n legalize everything while gang bangers get everything off the streets

carbon.jpg

This is what one looks like!

And they're fun as hell to shoot

Lots of muzzle flash (only a 7.5" barrel) and lots of noise!

But so little recoil (it's a .223, after all)

Single point sling on the stud at the back (under the tube) lets you push/pull with either 2 hands on the pistol grip (like a handgun) or one around the front of the mag/magwell (my 15 rounders are longer than the one in the photo)

Ok, maybe this is just the geek in me, but does anyone else think of Han Solo when they see that thing?

Didn't they discontinue the model that was legal in NJ? If so, can you custom build your own AR pistol to NJ compliances?

Maybe with this ATI Omni lower (ATI Press Release)...

The Omni is a multi-caliber AR15 lower made of reinforced polymer. It is designed after a mil-spec lower and is compatible with most current AR15 lower parts kits, grips and stocks. Made with a high-grade durable polymer material, the Omni can withstand harsh environments as well as everyday wear and tear.

The Omni lower will be available with either a complete finished kit including all lower internal parts and collapsible stock, or as a stripped lower. It has tested reliably with .22, .556, and .410, but is not recommended for higher calibers.

The Omni stripped lower has an MSRP of just $49.95 while the complete finished kit has an MSRP of $129.95. The Omni will be available in a color choice of black or dark earth.

Have fun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Just bought a polymer lower, perhaps I should investigate some "lightweight" pistol uppers.

Edit: Hrmm, what happens if I build a pistol without ever having had a P2P for it?

You are executed by the Government.

You'll need a polymer/carbon upper too to make the weight.

Perhaps this link would be helpful to those potential builders.

https://docs.google....MVE&hl=en#gid=0

Just FYI. Every weight on that chart I can compare to like parts I have weighed myself are wrong. My scale agrees with multiple other folks who have weighed parts individually that we have in common. Most less than an ounce. Some are right. Some match manufacturer numbers for something other than what that chart says it is.

BTW, I have stripped AR polymer lowers that can transfer on a P2P.

Interesting..so the lower since it transfers as the "Pistol" is absolutely within the "Manufactured Weight" Does that make the rest of the build doesnt have to adhere to any weight limits??

Interesting..so the lower since it transfers as the "Pistol" is absolutely within the "Manufactured Weight" Does that make the rest of the build doesnt have to adhere to any weight limits??

That's actually not a bad theory...

i don't know if Bushmaster is still selling that carbon 15 type 97 AR pistol, And that was Jersey legal because it met the weight/evil features requirement. In fact, there was one on sale in this forum a year ago, I missed out because I didn't have a permit handy.