Barms

and the state with the most NICS checks is....??

KENTUCKY ?!? yeee haww!

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/reports/070512_1998_2012_state_monthly_totals.pdf

its interesting to look at these stats as a "gun-friendly" vs population of the state..

buy holy crap. KY wins by a landslide..

NY beats NJ by a factor of over 3X.. we all know NJ is the most densist state (meaning population, not intelligence.. lol).. but look at the checks.. if they want us defeated.. we are..

(i havent been into guns long enough to look at numbers if there was a "before" P2P timeline..)

Although Kentucky is a gun friendly state , their high number is due to the fact that they run a NICS check on CCW applicants and renewals

On the other hand Jersey is going higher....i like that.....

NJ NICS Checks by Year :

2012 Year to Date June : 40,023

2011 : 60,256

2010 : 50,522

2009 : 55,533

2008 : 40,525

Wonder how many are for multiple gun purchases?

That is partially why the rate per day has been higher.. People do not want to let a permit die.

Averages:

2012: 245/day

2011: 201/day

2010: 168/day

2009: 185/day

2008: 135/day

jersey is definitely on the up, I was at bullet hole today and while waiting outside I saw many obviously new shooters going there, not usual police officers, or competition types. one guy was there with his young daughter, i saw alot of younger guys bringing there friends, there was a guy there with it looked like his girl and his mother and law! I even saw a couple of soccer moms in there with not just guns but rifles! lol! gun for hire was in there with quite a few new padawans too! there were so many new shooters, it was great to see...

I was at the Bayonne range last night with my neighbor, a recent convert to the shooting activity, and I was amazed at the number of young kids shooting safely and accurately. There were at least three boys 13 or under, and a little girl--maybe 8--shooting AR's with adult supervision. LOVED seeing that.

BTW, the Glock 20 performed like a champ. Smooth action, dead-on accurate and a freakin' muzzle flash like dragon's breath. I'm in love. 10mm ammo may be dear, but it's worth every penny for performance and power like this. Also, thanks to those on the forum that may have been interested in taking my Taurus 1911 off my hands, but after running a couple of boxes of ammo through it last night, it has worked it's way back into my good graces again.

I have been to KY many times for the in-laws. If I had to move out of NJ and retire KY is not half bad.

The way people drive on the highways, you'd think you died and went to heaven.

Good people too. I'm serious, I could live there, no worries.

40000, we are only halfway through the year, this can easily double! I wasn't planning on getting anything until next year but that Springfield armory XDs in 45 is calling! hehe..

I prefer FTF deals honestly, so I'm not helping with the number despite the fact I'm liable to buy 3 guns before the year is out haha.