Sign in to follow this  
MosinRob

86 year old Veteran gets a black hat

God Bless these ol' timers. Be a sad day when there are no more to talk to, to appreciate being around. I love sitting with these guys and listening to their stories. Total respect!

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

I was raised by and around WWII Guys. They were all prideful of being considered regular guys. During my youth I had to get a regular haircut, get a regular pair of pants, go buy some regular shoes, eat regularly, eat a salad so you could stay regular. My Dad was involved in D-Day invasion and he just said he was there, never got in to it too deeply. Then I saw Saving Private Ryan and that landing against a heavily fortified beach. OMG There was nothing regular about any of these men.

I was reading about USS Brown et al and their charging of a Battleship. About a week later I went to Florida and was in my parents community pool and met a man with a bunch of tattoos and as it turns out he was in that battle. I asked about it and he was comfortable enough to talk about it. They were being fired on with 3000lb shells. I asked how long it took during the battle that they thought they would live. He answer was none of them thought they would live. Regular Guys? I don't think so.

Mr. Sarnoff, runs Etra Park, 82nd Airborne, and he laps me. 2 to 1, 80+ yrs.

Frank Murray, Ardennes watched mortars tracing him in, Regular guy.

MosinRob, thanks for the post, look around you, all of us are regular guys, and we will always rise to the occasion, just as our forefathers, because we're Americans, and are also Regular guys, it's in our blood.

This has been around the block before, but I NEVER get tired of watching it. Brings a tear to my eyes. 84 years old, and a 5" group of headshots @ 1,000 yards!

WAY TO GO TED!!!! YOU are the reason we call you fellas "The Greatest Generation"!

Dave

During the Revolutionary War, the old timers that could kill at long range were called, "Deadly Old Men". They drove the British nuts. They were the first US Snipers. And like this gentlemen, they duped people with their age, but humbled them with his skills. Very nice story.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By 8lbsledge
      Looking to sell 1940 dated, Sniper marked Tula Mosin-Nagant with 40rd of Yugoslav Surplus LPS ammo with 2 clips. Rifle began it's life from the factory as a PEM pattern sniper rifle, sporting a copy of a German ZF-39 scope on a side mount. After the war, it was decommissioned and placed in a laminate stock, with the optic removed. Despite the stock replacement, the buttplate was retained from the original stock, and is numbered 217 like the rest of the parts. Rifle functions, and shoots fairly well, and the bore is in good shape. Photos provide proof of previous optic mount.
      Included: Rifle, 40rd surplus ammo, 2 clips
      Price for all pictured: $550 cash

Located in Warren county, will not drive further than 45min from washington

• By Servo Group
      ****NEW YEARS SALE****
      Servo Group Tactical has their 2018 NJ course schedule up... Jan 1- Jan 5 15% off all Servo classes for 2018 training year.
      stay lethal...

www.servogrouptactical.net
    • By Servo Group
      Hello all,
      My name is Ryan Quirk and I am the owner of Servo Group Tactical. I registered on here some time ago however would like to become an official vendor however am unsure on how to do so. I messaged one individual I was told to contact but it hasn't been read. Just looking for some insight so I can post future courses we are hosting in NJ and PA.
      thanks in advance, stay safe and hope to see you soon,

Ryan
      CEO Servo Group LLC
      www.servogrouptactical.net

• By Rifleman1
      I am shopping for a .308 and am considering 3 models. Any insight you guys can give to help the decision making would be welcome.

S&W M&P10 http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_817047_-1_785153_757785_757784_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Remington R-25 http://www.remington.com/en/products/firearms/centerfire/model-r-25/model-r-25-rifle.aspx

FNAR Heavy http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/autoloading-rifles/fnar-heavy/

I am looking for an longer range rifle for the collection that is moderately priced (say $1,000 - 1,600 without scope) and will give the best accuracy out to say 1,000 yards, not too heavy, capacity for 10 or 15 rounds, perhaps capable for suppressor after moving to PA, etc.

Anybody tried or own any of these that can give me some feedback?

• By NJGunGuy
      I was on a platform specific site today and one of the guys posted this.  I checked it out and just ordered 3 of them - http://www.gmc4x4.com/store/product/17-paracord-riffle-sling/

I know it's not for everyone b/c of the "tactical"   look, but I like it and if I can help a wounded vet, you bet I'll order a few.

Thought you guys might be interested!