Teky0101

West Deptford: High Water Bills

Talk to your neighbors?

unusual water bills is typically indicative of a water leak that has gone unnoticed,probably underground...... or your flush the toilet ALoT!

If the leak is underground, more than likely, it hasn't gotten to the meter yet, meaning that usage would not be reflected on his bill.

If the leak is underground, more than likely, it hasn't gotten to the meter yet, meaning that usage would not be reflected on his bill.

True, But i guess it depends on the setup.

Maybe he has a water line going to an outside building?

Getting ripped off... We pay about 30 a month and we complain. Water has always and should be the lesser of the utilities.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

West Deptford here too. Water bill constantly surprises me. I'm so ready to move, between that and the idiot neighbors across the street from me, one more reason to start looking around.

Learn something new everyday. I've never heard of the water meter being at the street.

More common in south jersey where it's less susceptible to freezing. Plus they were easier to read initially as you didn't need access into someone's house.

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone on the forums is from West Deptford. Over the past year our water bills have been sky high and I was wondering if anyone else has been having the same problems?

It's been a common complaint that I can't figure out. I water my lawn every 3rd day and my last water bill (due this week) was $330. One of my neighbors last year (I'm in The Grande) had a $1K bill, and she lives by herself and doesn't water her lawn. Seems to be very random...

Talk to your neighbors?

I think that's what he's trying to do without, you know, actually dealing with real people.

It's the town. Ours has been slowly creeping up ever month.

Most recent one is over $200.

But it isn't just on the rise. It seems to be random. Some quarters are really high, and others don't seem to be, and there's no pattern.

Green-fields section of west deptford over here. Just got the water bill the other day, 272 if I remember correctly and taxes.... well they always go up in this township.

West Deptford here too. Water bill constantly surprises me. I'm so ready to move, between that and the idiot neighbors across the street from me, one more reason to start looking around.

Wow, lots of WD residents on here. I think we might have to have a NJGF WD get together at one of the local ranges...

Damn, more folks from my town than I thought on here.

West Deptford is a nice little town, but way too expensive.

Not if you listen to the local Dems... They believe we don't pay enough for what we get!

Wow, lots of WD residents on here. I think we might have to have a NJGF WD get together at one of the local ranges...

Not if you listen to the local Dems... They believe we don't pay enough for what we get!

Sounds good I would be in.

More common in south jersey where it's less susceptible to freezing. Plus they were easier to read initially as you didn't need access into someone's house.

Like I said, I'm only a few towns away from WD and my meter is in the house. It's been in every house I've owned over the last 30-years. I just assumed that's how they all are. The guy never has to come into my house to read the meter. He just grabs the wireless signal while he's walking by to get my meter reading.

Like I said, I'm only a few towns away from WD and my meter is in the house. It's been in every house I've owned over the last 30-years. I just assumed that's how they all are. The guy never has to come into my house to read the meter. He just grabs the wireless signal while he's walking by to get my meter reading.

Yeah, back in the day when I was young and cars had carbs and points and lead in gas, people actually had to come into your house before all this wireless emf pollution.

Where i live, i pay about $225 per quarter for water/sewer combined. Over the years, the bill has never fluctuated more than literally a couple dollars no matter how many people have lived here, how much i water the lawn or wash cars. Reason for that is the basic breakdown of my quarterly bill amounts to $200 for a mandatory "service fee" and $25 of actual usage charges. With that ratio, it hard to have any sort of billable usage spike unless they jack up our service fee. Seeing how we recently constructed a new desalinization plant, i do wonder if we'll see a price hike sometime soon.

It's been a common complaint that I can't figure out. I water my lawn every 3rd day and my last water bill (due this week) was $330. One of my neighbors last year (I'm in The Grande) had a $1K bill, and she lives by herself and doesn't water her lawn. Seems to be very random...

Holy crap $300+ ! I water my lawn, refill the pool, and mine goes up to about $150.00. It's normally about $120.00. I normally get raped in the summer on electric.

Back before the party line was invented, and children played in the street with a stick and wheel.

Party Line! I remember the party line in my grandmothers apt. building as a kid. Most people don't know what a party line is.