wwmarcww

Purchase Permit question

Yes. That is why you always should apply for 6 at a time (at $2 a pop, you are only kicking in an extra $10 for six months of no hassles). It means that you will only need to file for permits twice a year (assuming your local police chief doesn't have a policy against extending permits).

If you just applied within the last couple of weeks, go to your police station and tell them you need to make that request for (3) permits total, not the (1). They may be able to change it without a hassle. My PD did, with no issues.

OK, here is how it works:

You fill out the form complete with everything except your signature, the date, and the number of permits one time, listing your two best buds as references. Make bunches of photocopies.

Tell your buds when they complete the reference, to fill out with everytihing except for their signature and date. Make bunches of photocopies.

Of course, the moment you do this, the NJSP will change the forms. :rtfm:

To the OP - your PD requires your references to write letters? - Additional requirement - not legal. Contact the NJ2AS

@TheDon - fillable forms (.pdf format) are available on the NJSP website. Fill them out and save them.

You will need to provide references every time, most PD's will send out their standard letter to your refs each time, but some may opt not to if you applied recently, other PD's may call your refs instead. It's up to them what they are going to do each time.

If you just applied within the last couple of weeks, go to your police station and tell them you need to make that request for (3) permits total, not the (1). They may be able to change it without a hassle. My PD did, with no issues.

I requested 1 permit and when I picked it up asked for 2 more. The nice lady took my $4 cash and called me the next day to pick them up.

To the OP - your PD requires your references to write letters? - Additional requirement - not legal. Contact the NJ2AS

@TheDon - fillable forms (.pdf format) are available on the NJSP website. Fill them out and save them.

yes. on the form they sent to my friends, it statesto include a written letter on why they believe I should or should not own a gun.