TheClerk

New member From Jersey City

Hello, I am a new gun owner from Jersey City after having to wait forever to get my NJ FID. Though the wait was mostly due to paperwork that the city required that my job and one of my references was holding up on sending back to them. Though the staff at the licencing department were good with communicating questions that I had and keeping me up to date with progress on my application.

I am currently looking to start a career in armed security after having 6 years of unarmed security services and was looking on where I should begin to go about it. I have been looking at some companies but most require those with law enforcement experience.

In reguards to training. I was wondering if I should go along with Taking an armed security course of if was a security company that would provide such training on the job. And if I was to take a Training course I am split between getting from gun for hire or from NJ Firearms academy. Though I was leaning more for the Firearms academy because of its proximity and my reliance of public transit from not owning a car.

I'm glad to join the forum.

Welcome to the forums. I have no experience with fun for hire but I frequent Caso's and see the individuals who attend the NJ Firearms academy. I will just leave it as I am very surprised they are able to get a FID. I have a hard time distinguishing the locals from the students. But if it's close to you then it works for what you need.

Jersey City in the house.

I took my basic pistol with NJ Firearms back in '05 and was very happy. The folks in Firearms Dept of JCPD became extremely helpful with me, and still am, since I am one of Latief's people. And I say that because NJ Firearms, as well as Caso's to an extent, are very close with JCPD. That might come in handy while getting a CCW for armed security, but then again, if armed security is gonna be your bread and butter, go with the best training possible.

Those riff-raff hanging out front of New Jersey Firearms Academy and Caso's Guns are the SORA students taking their breaks from class, and therefore are eligible for their FID cards.

BlueLineFish It is unfortunate that you pass judgement on these people, NJFA and Caso's if they are not up to your standards.

We do several SORA classes per month and get people from all walks, classes and races.