joe66

fingerprinting every 5 yrs.?

Someone please help, after receiving p2p on this past april ,then i was told as long as you are active within 5 yrs. meaning applying for p2p and are already fingerprinted you need not be re fingerprinted . Now i was told when applying again today i need to be fingerprinted because of a law stating "fingerprinting must be done every 5 years" What the f.... I live in east brunswick when did the law change?I was ok back in janurary my last application for p2p.

Someone please help, after receiving p2p on this past april ,then i was told as long as you are active within 5 yrs. meaning applying for p2p and are already fingerprinted you need not be re fingerprinted . Now i was told when applying again today i need to be fingerprinted because of a law stating "fingerprinting must be done every 5 years" What the f.... I live in east brunswick when did the law change?I was ok back in janurary my last application for p2p.

No law that I am aware of.

This sounds like an administrative procedure. I would challenge it because it now costs big $$$ to get fingerprinted and background checked. They are wasting your money.

I have seen the requirement for people who are inactive with handgun permits (i.e. more than a certain amount of time between requesting a permit). I submit them twice a year whether I use them all or not (of course I do :)).

Now i was told when applying again today i need to be fingerprinted because of a law stating "fingerprinting must be done every 5 years"

Ask them to show you that law - ask for a cite. There is no such law. However, the CLEO of the issuing municipality can require fingerprints everytime if that floats his boat. The NJSP (and the law) say that you must be fingerprinted on your initial application (FPID and/or P2P) and on subsequent applications you can just have a non-criminal background check (Form SP-212A), in leiu of fingerprinting, but it does not prohibit printing - nor does it require it except initially. Sorry, you're screwed. You mightr want to have a polite sit-down with the CLEO and ask why you need to be printed when the law does not require it - I think we'd all be interested in his answer. You are looking at a difference in cost of $50+ for prints vs. $18 for a background check. Appeal to him on grounds of economic hardship. Is this any different than a poll tax? Using excessive charges to deny someone their rights?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Please contact Frank at NJ2AS. This is an additional requirement not set forth in the purchase regulations. They will talk to you then contact your PD. Additional forms and finger prints were discussed at last nights meeting in Toms River.

Go to www.nj2as.com and check out Operation Establish Compliance.

You are looking at a difference in cost of $50+ for prints vs. $18 for a background check. Appeal to him on grounds of economic hardship. Is this any different than a poll tax? Using excessive charges to deny someone their rights?

You know the answer will be "Then how can you afford a gun?". Don't even try to explain that you may need a permit for a free transfer from a friend. That will just confuse him.

Unfortunately, the AC states that new prints "need not" be taken, it does state thet they "may not" be taken. Just another area where the local PD has too much authority. My town is the same way, two years of inactivty require new prints. I don't intend to let that happen. Even if I get a permit with no intention of buying a gun, just to avoid the print charges.

N.J.A.C. 13:54-1.4

(g) An applicant for a handgun purchase permit who possesses a valid firearms purchaser

identification card, or who has previously obtained a handgun purchase permit from the same

licensing authority for which he or she was previously fingerprinted, and who provides an additional

valid identification document of his or her identity, need not be fingerprinted again. In such cases,

the chief of police or Superintendent shall otherwise fully investigate the applicant in accordance

with this subchapter. The chief of police or Superintendent shall require the applicant to complete

the New Jersey State Police, State Bureau of Identification (SBI) "Request For Criminal History

Record Information For Non Criminal Justice Purpose" form, and pay the appropriate fee

established by

N.J.A.C. 13:59. Applicants unable to provide an additional valid identification

document shall submit to fingerprinting.

I talked to EB PD permit lady this is comming from the county,the procesicuters office.This is a middlesex county law.WTF..I have a appointment with Morphotrak for next week. 58 bucks .I hope the county uses the money wisely..

I talked to EB PD permit lady this is comming from the county,the procesicuters office.This is a middlesex county law.

Show me the cite. Is there anyone else that resides in MIddlesex County that is aware of this?

Ok, I just applied for permints in East Brusnwick this morning after about three months since my last permits were issued. Debbie (the laddy in charge of the P2P applications) told me through the other laddies at the Police Records window that I need new fingerprints. When I asked for more information and said that this is not required by the statutes or NJ administrtative code, she said that it is a new State Police administrative requirement to get new finger prints every five years and that it is effective since around May of 2012. She said that they are new "Digital" fingerprints instead of the old ones that were taken manually. Clearly I think that this violates NJ Admin Code (NJAC) but the additional cost of extra $50 do not warrant fighting it on an individual basis. I do propose that we get as a group and challenge these "new administrative requirements". If you are in the same situation plese email me to discuss.

Ok, I just applied for permints in East Brusnwick this morning after about three months since my last permits were issued. Debbie (the laddy in charge of the P2P applications) told me through the other laddies at the Police Records window that I need new fingerprints. When I asked for more information and said that this is not required by the statutes or NJ administrtative code, she said that it is a new State Police administrative requirement to get new finger prints every five years and that it is effective since around May of 2012. She said that they are new "Digital" fingerprints instead of the old ones that were taken manually. Clearly I think that this violates NJ Admin Code (NJAC) but the additional cost of extra $50 do not warrant fighting it on an individual basis. I do propose that we get as a group and challenge these "new administrative requirements". If you are in the same situation plese email me to discuss.

I live in EB. Count me in

I'm a Middlesex County resident and I was just reprinted for my new FID and P2P's back in April. I figured I moved to a new municipality and my address obviously changed from the prior one. First time I was printed many moons ago, I got ink on my fingers, this time it's digital. I was not told that this was a new requirement just that I needed to have digital prints on file. There is no county rule/law that I am aware of but I'll make a few phone calls and see what I can find out.

Friend of mine just moved to Piscataway and has to change address on his FID Card. He has to go through the whole procedure again including fingerprints. Then I get a letter from the PD to fill out regarding where he works. Is he an alcoholic. ETC ETC ETC!!! He is already in the system. This is a costly, worthless process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friend of mine just moved to Piscataway and has to change address on his FID Card. He has to go through the whole procedure again including fingerprints. Then I get a letter from the PD to fill out regarding where he works. Is he an alcoholic. ETC ETC ETC!!! He is already in the system. This is a costly, worthless process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, this is in accordance with the current laws.

Harassment at its finest. If they want to get a "new" file, then perhaps they should toss out the old one.

They don't because Dick Tracy said so and what he says is gospel in my book. ;)

I didn't know my fingerprints can change. Well, learn something new everyday here.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Im in South Brunswick (Middlesex County) and got the same thing. They had originally told me that if a person had 2 years since last activity, you wouldnt need new prints..then they tell me that you need new prints every 2 years no matter what...and that is was a local law or some BS. I had applied for some permits and just made it under the 2 year wire...And I was informed that next time I apply Ill need new prints.

Im in South Brunswick (Middlesex County) and got the same thing. They had originally told me that if a person had 2 years since last activity, you wouldnt need new prints..then they tell me that you need new prints every 2 years no matter what...and that is was a local law or some BS. I had applied for some permits and just made it under the 2 year wire...And I was informed that next time I apply Ill need new prints.

I just put in for a round of P2Ps last week in Monroe and the detective said it was every 5 years in this township. I did have to get refingerprinted when I moved from East Brunswick even though it was only 8 months before that I had them done for my initial FID.

So we'll have to conclude that as is so often the case each township's CLEO makes it up as they see fit......Laws be damned.

I have a co worker from Edison, and they provide him letter that states, the finger printing every 5 yrs is required by Middlesex County. I live in Woodbridge, and just got 2 permits a few months back and it has been 6 yrs since being fingerprinted, so they must have just started it very recently.

I have a co worker from Edison, and they provide him letter that states, the finger printing every 5 yrs is required by Middlesex County. I live in Woodbridge, and just got 2 permits a few months back and it has been 6 yrs since being fingerprinted, so they must have just started it very recently.

Same here for me in Woodbridge. Never been reprinted and it's been over 5 years also!