Shawnmoore81

Batman Massacre

this is just an absolutely horrible story.

14 shot dead at 'Dark Knight Rises' screening in Aurora, Colorado

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/20/12850048-14-shot-dead-at-dark-knight-rises-screening-in-aurora-colorado?lite

Definitely.... Watching it on the news now.. WTF is wrong with people today? Sick fooks. Ya wanna do yourself in? Do it and leave the innocents out of it!

Yeah... I was thinking of that. Today is the start of Ramadan. He had some sort of gas grenade, and I don't think you can buy those at Gun stores even in "Free" states. Something smells fishy. Lone wolf terrorism?

As for concealed carry... I don't think that would have been a factor.

#1. Concealed carry works by deterring criminals by deterring them from committing a crime in the first place. Anybody who is intent on committing mass murder won't be deterred by the potential of a guy with a gun.

#2. Concealed carry works by outgunning the criminal. If you have an LCR and the bad guy has a knife, you win. If the bad guy also has a gun, you'll probably win too because the bad guy would probably rather flee than fight a murder charge. If someone has a rifle and grenades in a movie theater, a handgun is better than nothing, but it's not a fair fight.

#3. Who on earth goes to see a Batman movie on a Thursday night at midnight? Teenagers and college students do since everybody else has to go to work at 8AM. You have to be 21 to buy a pistol and 21 to CC in Colorado. I would say that most CCers are men in their late 30's - early 40's and women in their 20's. They also probably have jobs and wouldn't have been at the theater that late anyway.

So in cases like this, I don't think CC would have helped anyone. That doesn't mean it isn't necessary. A seat belt isn't going to help in a 100 MPH head-on crash, but you wear it anyway.

It will be a while before we know who or what did this and why. We'll know if he acquired the guns illegally , because they just won't say. If he bought them legally , it will be immediately reported.

I am frantically trying to reach a photographer friend of mine from there who was telling me a big client had given her and her boys tickets to a premier screening. So I am a bit freaking out right now.

what news are reporting>>>

suspect in custody

didn't put up a fight when arrested

James Holmes 24year WMA

12 dead 38 hurt

victims age range from 3months to 45 years

"items of interest" found in the appartment of the suspect

a shotgun, a rifle and couple of handguns found

used a gas grenade

was wearing a bulletproof vest

was wearing a gas mask

When random acts of violence like this happen we find that they happen for the stupidest reasons. Dude probably didn't get his change or something from a cashier that gave him popcorn and now he went off the deep end.

129093477028899873.jpg

I think the force will be strong with the anti's today. It's a shame and I feel for the families of the people that were murdered. The guy behind this is a sick fugg.

Even with a name like "James Holmes," I think that there is too much going on for it to be a mad gunman. Is it just a coincidence that it happened on Ramadan?

The guy threw a smoke or CS grenade in a theater. Why did he do that? He did it to get people to run to the exits so they would present an easier target. This is not something a crazy person thinks of doing. A crazy person goes in blasting. Throwing a smoke grenade to get people to pile up at the exits is something that a trainer tells a trainee to do. Maybe a terrorist trainer?

I don't know. It doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Even with a name like "James Holmes," I think that there is too much going on for it to be a mad gunman. Is it just a coincidence that it happened on Ramadan?

The guy threw a smoke or CS grenade in a theater. Why did he do that? He did it to get people to run to the exits so they would present an easier target. This is not something a crazy person thinks of doing. A crazy person goes in blasting. Throwing a smoke grenade to get people to pile up at the exits is something that a trainer tells a trainee to do. Maybe a terrorist trainer?

I don't know. It doesn't pass the smell test for me.

The columbine kids pulled the fire alarm so the other students would run outside right into their line of fire. Not too different.

As for concealed carry... I don't think that would have been a factor.

In addition.. It's a dark movie theater filled with people dressed as batman. Even if someone else was armed there is way too much risk of hitting another civilian or being mistaken for the shooter by responding police.

I can just imagine: Sitting there watching an action movie.. someone kicks in the exit door and throws smoke and starts shooting. People panic. Would I be able to identify the attacker and get enough of a view of their surroundings to take a clear shot while everyone else was running for the exits?

A ccw situation like this would require a close range weapons retention shooting distance to neutralize the target. That would minimize bystander risk but put the ccw holder at the highest risk. More likely to happen with an off duty LEO than a average ccw holder.

A couple things just don't make sense, but at this point I'll chalk them up to typically incomplete/bad MSM reporting. How does one kick-in an emergency exit door? These only open outward and are steel security doors locked to someone outside.

BTW - it's been reported that this movie theater is a gun-free zone. Well that really worked.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Sickening. WTF is wrong with people. Dude should have just jumped off a bridge if he hates life that much. Being he got caught without a fight, seems to be another wacko that just wants to go down in the history books as a sick wacko.

Eh, mental illness is a bit more diverse than that. It's not all just incoherrent & delusional people. For example, sociopath's are very hollow emotionally, but are fully capable of implementing careful planning & forethought into the horrible things they do.

Btw, there is a reason kids were at the movie. It's summertime and it was opening night. And when my twins were newborns who slept most of the day, we'd often hit a movie.

Opening night of the hottest ticket in the summer. The shooter knew this. Sick, methodical fugg.

A couple things just don't make sense, but at this point I'll chalk them up to typically incomplete/bad MSM reporting. How does one kick-in an emergency exit door? These only open outward and are steel security doors locked to someone outside.

BTW - it's been reported that this movie theater is a gun-free zone. Well that really worked.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Gun Free Zone worksa for me...LOL

post-1785-0-69594700-1296431774_thumb.png

I'm with Bob. There are probably 50 mistakes in any article right now , time will tell what happened who did it and why.. I would picture in that situation a person carrying could maybe hunker down and hide with his own and hope to get a shot off if the gun man spots him. Might sound cowardly , but if I was in that situation with my kids I would get down/ hide with my kids behind me and my gun drawn and hope we were not spotted by the killer.

There were people there with infants and children. It's summer , it would be a special treat for those kids :/

There are people on my FB making jokes about this , saying things like " I hear the Dark Knight premier knocked them dead" . I have cut 3 people off my friends list so far over it. WTF is wrong with society these days?? How is this in any f'in way humorous? Sorry , if you can make a joke about it today , you deserve tragedy to befall you and then see people making jokes about it.

same name, same decription and same town.

i know what you really want

link to his girlfriends cheerleading album

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=357243795180&set=a.127366570180.220360.656335180&type=3&theater#!/media/set/?set=a.127366570180.220360.656335180&type=3

You don't know it is him. Here is a status update from this now harassed innocent person with the same name :

Dearest random Facebook people who keep confusing me for a mass murderer and yet still send me Facebook requests.;

I appreciate the fact that you are trying to become better-informed about the occurrences last night in Aurora, but you have been somewhat mislead, in that I am not the man who did it. I am not a 24-year-old gun-slinging killer from Aurora, I am a 22-year-old book-slinging mass eater from Littleton. Somewhat distinct, I would assume. But I would appreciate if you would read this particular post an not assume that it would be interesting to be friends with someone on Facebook who is very probably going to be in jail and not be able to confirm your friend requests anyway, or even be friends with his girlfriend, who had the rather interesting experience of having to tell someone she had a job interview with that she is not, in fact dating a serial killer. James Holmes happens to be a pretty common name, surprisingly, so try not to jump the gun.

Regards, A different guy named James Holmes

People keep spreading shit they know nothing about every time something like this happens and a whole nation tied to one stupid a** social networking site has all the answers within 5 minutes and is off on witch hunts