Shawnmoore81

Batman Massacre

At the first Anti-Gun article that appears, this needs to be spun back on them. The Gun-Free Zone prevented a law abiding person from CCW which would have prevented these mass fatalities.

And now the "news" begins with the gun control debate...

Just saw one on twitter say... "outside of police & military, who really needs to "bear arms" anymore? Another absurd example today that we have an amendment which needs to be addressed"

First off - we do not know if the guy's guns were obtained legally or illegally. The guy was clearly bent on carrying out this insane plot. The guy was going to carry out this act - he was going to get the guns one way or another.

Had someone been armed with a CCW - maybe this would be a different story.

Should we have banned airplanes after 9/11?

This is a horrible, horrible event, and my thoughts are with those affected.

I wish the news agencies would simply report the facts and not use this as another opportunity to sling some gun control bs. I also wish they would act informed and speak correctly. I've heard references to "Sniper Shotgun" "military automatic pistol" "bullet proof suit" and "devastating hollow-point rounds"

My 2 cents...

At the first Anti-Gun article that appears, this needs to be spun back on them. The Gun-Free Zone prevented a law abiding person from CCW which would have prevented these mass fatalities.

+1

I remember being in Philly, and some of the historical tourist attractions that were on Federal property had "no guns allowed" signs. We didn't visit them for this reason. They only keep lawful sane people from CCW'ing for self defense and do nothing to stop insane criminals. If "gun free zones" worked, this lunatic wouldn't have committed his atrocities.

6 year old died of her injuries. This is just a tragic day. BTW I couldnt care less about anything on FB.. Social networking trash hole.

If you are going on FB for a facts check, i feel effing sorry for you.

The only place to get "facts" anymore is to wait one week then check a foreign news source. We have no more "news" ..just media outlets and opinion pieces , peppered with fringe lunacy and conspiracy publications.

Not that I'm blaming anyone here, but who takes a 6 year old to a midnight movie?

I would. Not for a typical movie , but this was a special premier screening. A friend of mine got tix to a different one from a publisher. It was a special treat for her 3 boys. It was a fun , off , atypical treat for kids to get to stay up late and have fun on a summer evening. My father took me to see Crosby Stills and Nash when I was 6 . We got home at 2am and it is still one of my nicer memories. The only time I ask "why were kids there" is when there is a gang related or drug related shooting post 11pm.

I would. Not for a typical movie , but this was a special premier screening.

Ok, I buy that. It just seems kind of late and the subject matter kind of dark for a 6 year old. But I understand that as an explanation.

And now the "news" begins with the gun control debate...

Just saw one on twitter say... "outside of police & military, who really needs to "bear arms" anymore? Another absurd example today that we have an amendment which needs to be addressed"

First off - we do not know if the guy's guns were obtained legally or illegally. The guy was clearly bent on carrying out this insane plot. The guy was going to carry out this act - he was going to get the guns one way or another.

Had someone been armed with a CCW - maybe this would be a different story.

Should we have banned airplanes after 9/11?

This is a horrible, horrible event, and my thoughts are with those affected.

I wish the news agencies would simply report the facts and not use this as another opportunity to sling some gun control bs. I also wish they would act informed and speak correctly. I've heard references to "Sniper Shotgun" "military automatic pistol" "bullet proof suit" and "devastating hollow-point rounds"

My 2 cents...

The news is already clueless, I heard them say it was an AK-47 and obviously a dangerous automatic weapon. If things were the way the news described them you would have 80 dead.

#2. Concealed carry works by outgunning the criminal. If you have an LCR and the bad guy has a knife, you win. If the bad guy also has a gun, you'll probably win too because the bad guy would probably rather flee than fight a murder charge. If someone has a rifle and grenades in a movie theater, a handgun is better than nothing, but it's not a fair fight.

I'm going to disagree with this, I think you're looking at the scenario as going head to head with the gunman. In that scenario, yes a rifle and shotgun will outgun an LCR, or any other pistol being carried. However you're not going head to head with the gunman. The gunman is focusing on other targets and reloading. Articles also stated that people in the theater used the time period where the gunman was reloading to flee the theater. Reports said he had an AK47. I don't know how accurate that is, but if others had enough time to realize he was reloading, and to flee....I'm assuming he wasn't that fast at reloading. That would be the appropriate time to engage. In that gunfight, any pistol you're carrying trumps an unloaded rifle.

However this statement is overridden by your third point, that the majority of the attendee's weren't old enough to buy a pistol.

I'm going to disagree with this, I think you're looking at the scenario as going head to head with the gunman. In that scenario, yes a rifle and shotgun will outgun an LCR, or any other pistol being carried. However you're not going head to head with the gunman. The gunman is focusing on other targets and reloading.

That's a good point.

From the CNN article

"Armed guards appeared at the theater exit and demanded audience members raise their arms to ensure they were not carrying weapons, then told them to run, Caldwell said"

Sounds pretty smart to me for the most part, to get people out of there fast.

I have a feeling this could very well be the end of our RKBA as we know it. It seems like this event more than any other is already generating a huge shitstorm. I anticipate Obama saying something within the next 48 hours, and this being used to strengthen support for the UN treaty, particularly if it was an AK47 being used. They'll spin it to the angle that it was a foreign gun brought in, and that they need to stop this by ratifying the treaty.

I have a feeling this could very well be the end of our RKBA as we know it. It seems like this event more than any other is already generating a huge shitstorm. I anticipate Obama saying something within the next 48 hours, and this being used to strengthen support for the UN treaty, particularly if it was an AK47 being used. They'll spin it to the angle that it was a foreign gun brought in, and that they need to stop this by ratifying the treaty.

and anyone with a brain will say.. yeah.. lets make laws to control guns.. the law to stop murder works really well..

A couple things just don't make sense, but at this point I'll chalk them up to typically incomplete/bad MSM reporting. How does one kick-in an emergency exit door? These only open outward and are steel security doors locked to someone outside.

BTW - it's been reported that this movie theater is a gun-free zone. Well that really worked.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Will the media report this?UPDATE Occupy Black Bloc Member James E. Holmes Shoots Up Aurora Co Movie Theater Killing 12 And Wounding 50.

http://cheatersflori...nd-wounding-50/

ABC/NBC are reporting it was a Tea Partier. Do these sick progressives EVER stop? My goodness, he was a sick person and they try to portray Tea Partiers and Conservatives as the culprits.

The blame story

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/limbaugh-tea-party-guns-already-getting-blamed-for-colo-theater-shooting/

I have a feeling this could very well be the end of our RKBA as we know it.

No. Nothing happened after the Gabrielle Giffords shooting, and that was one of their own. There will be "serious debate" and talking heads and lots of screaming, but unless this really was a terrorist attack, this will go away just like that mass shooting in Seattle did a few weeks ago.

In other news, 250 people were killed by pro-government forces in gun-free Syria today... unfortunately, you have to pick your poison.

With freedom of speech comes "Leaves of Grass" and "God hates Fags." With RKBA comes freedom from government tyranny and the occasional horrific misuse of guns.

Well, I expect this is going to bring the gun debate into every election campaign.

On a side note, Susan Candiati just schooled the CNN news anchor babe on what exactly an assault rifle is or is not and why people shouldn't call anything an asssault rifle until they know if it fits a criteria. Crazy.

University of colo says he was leaving their neuroscience program.

Remington 870, 2X .40 Glock, "S&W AR-15 type rifle."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will probably put some attempts to improve certain things back into neutral, but that's likely the extent of it. Sadly, these kinds of shootings aren't really a new thing. The "shitstorm" your witnessing is really just a function of the 24 hour news cycle and social media. This is a horrible story, but not all that different from shootings we've seen in the past.

Very sad, why couldn’t this tool got hit by a bus on the way there? I’m very sorry for the families and the first responders. Now they are looking into his apartment which appears to be rigged with trip wires, so who knows what is going on there? They are sending a robot into his apartment…. and yes this is not good for us, the anti 2A stuff already started on MSNBC