Shawnmoore81

Batman Massacre

The Colorado shooting was the classic "white man goes berserk," another modern day Falling Down. America's appetite for violence is insatiable. We demand it in our entertainment everyday. Doesn't say much for us as a culture. Psychologists and sociologists have been doing cause-and-effect studies on TV and movie (and now video game) violence and its effects on people since the 1950s. The majority of these studies usually show a positive correlation between the viewing of violent acts and later violent behavior. (Remember learning in your Intro. Psych. and/or Intro. Sociol. classes about the famous Bobo doll study with little children, done in the 1960s by a researcher named Albert Bandura?) Aggression is a learned behavior. Yes, crazy people will always exist. We just have more of them today and these instances will continue. The trend now is many tend to outdo the previous ones with how horrific they are. Charles Whitman shot 45 people back in 1966 from the UofT clock tower. There were no violent videos games back then, just the Vietnam conflict. Grand Prix, Born Free and A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum were the top movies of that year. None that we would call violent. These incidents will happen with a methodical madman or sick person. We've become numb to them.

Seems movie theaters are a great place for mayhem:

Warner Bros. is contemplating changes to its upcoming thriller "Gangster Squad" in the wake of Friday's movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colo. during a screening of "The Dark Knight Rises." The film, scheduled for release Sept. 7, features a key scene in which mobsters open fire on a theater audience from behind a movie screen. Automatic gunfire rips through the screen as horrified filmgoers rush for the exits and police try to stop the mayhem.

http://www.latimes.c...0,7973410.story

Or the recent film God Bless America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb7XlUoEKtE

The Colorado shooting was the classic "white man goes berserk," another modern day Falling Down. America's appetite for violence is insatiable. We demand it in our entertainment everyday. Doesn't say much for us as a culture. Psychologists and sociologists have been doing cause-and-effect studies on TV and movie (and now video game) violence and its effects on people since the 1950s. The majority of these studies usually show a positive correlation between the viewing of violent acts and later violent behavior. (Remember learning in your Intro. Psych. and/or Intro. Sociol. classes about the famous Bobo doll study with little children, done in the 1960s by a researcher named Albert Bandura?) Aggression is a learned behavior. Yes, crazy people will always exist. We just have more of them today and these instances will continue.

Back in the 50's when I was a kid in New York I remember looking at ads in the back of magazines and seeing mail order ads for M1 Garands and Carbines. What I don't remember is the degree of violent based entertainment available to children,

The cops should have said, "Eek! ( doing the pee pee dance at the same time), He has a gun... He's coming right at us! Shoot! Aim for his pineapple!

But seriously, they should have done us a favor and put that bad boy down.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Anybody catch Will Smith on the news yesterday? He was in Philly for another event and was approached by the MSM for comment on Colorado. I don't think they got what they were looking for. While less than eloquent, he seems to have a grasp on reality, which is more than you can say about most Hollywood folks. You have to suffer through Nutter whining first, but listen to what Will says...

http://news.yahoo.com/video/local-15749667/xxxx-30048612.html#crsl=%252Fvideo%252Fphiladelphiacbs3-15751053%252Fmayor-nutter-actor-will-smith-speak-on-colorado-tragedy-30048612.html

Adios,

Pizza Bob

as far as what to do with him.. he killed a bunch of innocent people.. he IS proven guilty.. caught red handed... he should already be dead.. every second we keep him alive is a waste of time.. money.. and resources..

Bravo!

Not by how it looks in the photos..

Nick the Aurora police chief said this during last nights news conference. Except he called it a 100 round drum clip capable of firing 50-60 rounds a minute and wasn't sure if it was full auto or a semi. From the description sounds like a beta mag.

Oates said the gunman wore a gas mask and a ballistic helmet and vest, as well as leg, groin and throat protectors. He said he bought four guns from local gun shops in the last 60 days and 6,000 rounds of ammunition, including a drum magazine that could fire 50 to 60 rounds per minute

Of most interest to me at this point is if/how any of his work in the neurosciences had any bearing on his decision to go on his rampage. It would seem, from reports, that he had access to a lot of chemicals, for the alleged booby traps in his UC leased apt. What other chemicals did he have access to? lab facilities? Perhaps he was making/using his own drugs? This is not that hard, I have a relative who is a research chemist and there were people that did this in the labs at places he worked way back 50 or more years ago. What research was he actually working on? Was it funded by the gov't? (no tinfoil hat there, a lot of research is funded by NIH, NIMH, etc.)

Audio from police/fire/ems... Dispatch and first responders did an AMAZING job given the circumstances. Everyone professional and orderly while dealing with such a horrible mass casualty incident.

http://www.jems.com/video/news/audio-colorado-theater-shooting

http://www.lawofficer.com/video/news/audio-aurora-theater-shooting

Anybody catch Will Smith on the news yesterday? He was in Philly for another event and was approached by the MSM for comment on Colorado. I don't think they got what they were looking for. While less than eloquent, he seems to have a grasp on reality, which is more than you can say about most Hollywood folks. You have to suffer through Nutter whining first, but listen to what Will says...

http://news.yahoo.co...y-30048612.html

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Holy crap! A hollywood person that acknowledges that people cause the issues not inanimate objects.

Cudos to Smith.

Audio from police/fire/ems... Dispatch and first responders did an AMAZING job given the circumstances. Everyone professional and orderly while dealing with such a horrible mass casualty incident.

http://www.jems.com/...heater-shooting

http://www.lawoffice...heater-shooting

I heard that the first officer on the scene was there in 1.5 minutes. Damn good response time unfortunately a lot of damage can be done in 1.5 minutes.

The story I've heard is that he bought a ticket went out the fire door and propped it open, got his weapons came back and opened fire.

My question is: Aren't emergency doors alarmed? I would think a fire alarm going off would alert someone that something isn't right.

The picture shows a 30 round

Witnesses being interviewed on FOX News have all been saying that the guy definately reloaded the rifle. One LE official that FN interviewed also stated that, upon examination, the AR had jammed - which appears to be why he left it behind in the theater.

Thank God for crummy, surplus GI mags.

This is the face of insanity:

120720043140-holmes-colorado-suspect-horizontal-gallery.jpg

You can see the AR-15 in the corner. This is him with his red hair. Thinking he was the Joker.

390-holmesredhair-0720.jpg

Wow. Similar to the Zimmerman case, these (2) pictures show a completely different person, depending on which you look at. The 1st one looks, to me, to be a stable person that may be a "smart-*ss" type of person. The 2nd, a more "freeky" looking person that is disturbed.

The Colorado shooting was the classic "white man goes berserk," another modern day Falling Down. America's appetite for violence is insatiable. We demand it in our entertainment everyday. Doesn't say much for us as a culture. Psychologists and sociologists have been doing cause-and-effect studies on TV and movie (and now video game) violence and its effects on people since the 1950s. The majority of these studies usually show a positive correlation between the viewing of violent acts and later violent behavior. (Remember learning in your Intro. Psych. and/or Intro. Sociol. classes about the famous Bobo doll study with little children, done in the 1960s by a researcher named Albert Bandura?) Aggression is a learned behavior. Yes, crazy people will always exist. We just have more of them today and these instances will continue.

No, we don't. Murder rates peaked in the 1960s and we are probably actually catching a higher percentage of the murderers today than we were back then.

White people have a higher chance of being murdered in the UK or Canada than in the US.

Now, you can certainly say, well why only be concerned with white people? I didn't say you should. I'm saying the majority of the people in this country are less likely to be murdered than the people in the countries that tout the "success" of their firearms laws. They are unknowingly pointing at the violence among our minority communities to make themselves feel all smug. Heck, they don't even discuss murder rates anymore in their press in those countries. They compare "gun murders." Because even their overall murder rates are close to ours some years (and likely exceed them some years if you consider for their tracking methods).

I'm sitting here watching Mayor Nutter being interviewed by some hot (but stupid) chick on CNN. They are both on the "new gun regulations needed" bandwagon. I'm ready to puke.

People always need to find something or someone to blame. Sadly, guns are always the easiest to blame. People get stabbed everyday. Why don't we out law all knives? Fixed blades, folding knives, butcher knives, steak knives, butter knives, etc. What law makers love to over look is the fact that even if they make buying a gun harder people who want to get them will get them somehow. Evil exists whether we want to acknowledge it or not. Psychoes will find a way to kill and wreak havoc. Taking guns away from law abiding citizens will just make us more vulnerable. Don't blame the tools. Blame the person using the tools.

CNN just reported that some, if not all, the guns were legally purchased at Bass Pro and Gander Mountain.

Wonderful...

And now, a tragic situation becomes even worse with the beginnings of a political push to punish the law abiding many for the evil of the twisted few?

how could they know this?

One of the guys who sold him the guns had recognized him on the tv after the shooting and told reporters.

I have been sick for the past two days hoping that THIS was NOT the Jame Holmes, son of the Robert Holmes that I know in San Deigo. Sad day. I just got confirmation this evening. I know this guys Dad. We work for the same company. We are colleagues, not really friends. But it is sure freaking me out. His kid was supposed to be some sort of a genius or something. I could not even imagine what he (Robert) must be going through right now.

Edited by TheDon

No, we don't. Murder rates peaked in the 1960s and we are probably actually catching a higher percentage of the murderers today than we were back then.

White people have a higher chance of being murdered in the UK or Canada than in the US.

Now, you can certainly say, well why only be concerned with white people? I didn't say you should. I'm saying the majority of the people in this country are less likely to be murdered than the people in the countries that tout the "success" of their firearms laws. They are unknowingly pointing at the violence among our minority communities to make themselves feel all smug. Heck, they don't even discuss murder rates anymore in their press in those countries. They compare "gun murders." Because even their overall murder rates are close to ours some years (and likely exceed them some years if you consider for their tracking methods).

My point was that aside from Muhammad & Malvo, mostly white's fit the profile who perpetrate these acts. "More of" would be defined as these type of shootings.

My point was that aside from Muhammad & Malvo, mostly white's fit the profile who perpetrate these acts. "More of" would be defined as these type of shootings.

Richard pryor pointed this out a long time ago that crazy whites are sick m*****f*****s, serial killers that decapatate people and stick them in their freezer..

I could not bring myself to read this thread until tonight. Now, I am wishing I did not.

There sure are a lot of posts from know-nothings with unfounded opinions.

Facts about James:

1. Son of a brilliant statistician, and a good man.
  2. Brought up right, in a hard-working upper-middle-class family.
  3. Graduated HS with honors.
  4. Graduated College with honors
  5. Was attending graduate school working on his PhD.
  6. Not from a gun-culture family and was not very experienced with firearms.
  7. Was not an avid video game player. Did NOT play violent video games regularly.

I do not know what happened yet and I am not going to speculate about it. I have a couple mutual friends with Robert. As things settle I will reach out to them and try to find out what they know. I am sure this is going to be a HOT topic at work tomorrow.

I could not bring myself to read this thread until tonight. Now, I am wishing I did not.

There sure are a lot of posts from know-nothings with unfounded opinions.

Facts about James:

1. Son of a brilliant statistician, and a good man.
  2. Brought up right, in a hard-working upper-middle-class family.
  3. Graduated HS with honors.
  4. Graduated College with honors
  5. Was attending graduate school working on his PhD.
  6. Not from a gun-culture family and was not very experienced with firearms.
  7. Was not an avid video game player. Did NOT play violent video games regularly.

I do not know what happened yet and I am not going to speculate about it. I have a couple mutual friends with Robert. As things settle I will reach out to them and try to find out what they know. I am sure this is going to be a HOT topic at work tomorrow.

Somebody can have all the right things going for them, and still be frigging pyscotic and insane. Maybe your born with it?

It appears they are now looking for another person of interest. Someone using the cell phone of Fellow classmate of Holmes called authorities and threatened violence unless Holmes released. They are still saerching for this person who was last seen hours before the masacre leaving his apartment.

http://kdvr.com/2012/07/21/police-looking-for-second-person-of-interest-in-theater-shooting/