Shawnmoore81

Batman Massacre

??!?!!!

‘‘Sometimes just because something is legal doesn’t make it right,’’

I feel dumberer reading that.

While I agree that the mayor is a dick for saying this in response to this situation,

But I whole heartly agree with the statement.

Cases in point Westboro idiots protesting at funerals.

Drunk guy flipping the bird at cops.

All legal, but still not right.

I feel that the "If its legal its right" mentality is what is leading to the decline of civility in our country.

While I agree that the mayor is a dick for saying this in response to this situation,

But I whole heartly agree with the statement.

Cases in point Westboro idiots protesting at funerals.

Drunk guy flipping the bird at cops.

All legal, but still not right.

I feel that the "If its legal its right" mentality is what is leading to the decline of civility in our country.

:facepalm:

It was concealed! He wasn't opening carrying!

Never said he was. Just agreed with the sentiment that just because its legal doesn't mean

Its right.

I do not think it applies in this case but in a general sense.

What are you talking about? The mayor said he shouldn't have been carrying concealed. You said that you agreed. I disagree since I don't want to sacrifice my family's or my own safety because it's "not a good time". Whatever

Meh, while I can understand your point about the protests @ funerals, it's two completely different things.

CCW where legal = Not hurting anybody

Protesting a funeral = You're a shit bag and need your teeth knocked out

Both legal.

That's why I throw these fine gentlemen (and ladies) a few bucks every couple of months: http://www.patriotguard.org/Donations/tabid/535/Default.aspx

What are you talking about? The mayor said he shouldn't have been carrying concealed. You said that you agreed. I disagree since I don't want to sacrifice my family's or my own safety because it's "not a good time". Whatever

I was responding to alec in post 240.

Where alec said he felt dumber for reading the mayors statement about

Sometimes legal doesn't mean right.

I stated that I don't think the mayors statement

Makes sense in this case but generally it does.

Then I have 2 examples where the mayors statement makes perfect sense.

Can you elaborate? The idea of the criminal justice system is that we deem certain actions illegal based on what we do and do not believe to be "right". Therefore I find it hard to believe that something can be legal, yet not "right".

Can you elaborate? The idea of the criminal justice system is that we deem certain actions illegal based on what we do and do not believe to be "right". Therefore I find it hard to believe that something can be legal, yet not "right".

There are a lot of things that are "legal" but are not "right". Right has nothing to do with legal.

Like I've said what the Westboro idiots do is legal but I think most would agree is not right.

Flag Burning. Perfectly legal but not right

McDonalds paying out 300k to a lady who pours hot coffee on herself. Legal but not right.

I'd guess that 50% of lawsuits going through the courts are about legal and right.

Depends on the state. In many states you can carry at schools (or in the parking lot), in most states you can carry where they serve alcohol and even drink, and in some states "no guns" signs carry the legal weight of criminal firearms violations.

in PA I open carry while having a drink..

win..

in PA I open carry while having a drink..

win..

There are a number of people down around your parts I have known for many, many years. Good people, nothing but friendly and intelligent. Some young, and some prematurely retired IMO :) None of them angry like me, unfortunately ;)

I hope our paths cross some day. Call me any time.