Charles Mathews

Surrendering Handguns and Rifles Scenerio

HI guys,

First off lets please stay on topic and forgo the " why" and "but why would you worry" and "it'll never happen" and all the other stuff.

I was thinking what actually constitutes a gun or rifle according to the state. If my guns were ever to be surrendered or taken away would i have to give them the gun in tact, mags and all? Is the "gun" just the parts that have a serial number? On my AR can i just surrender the lower receiver which is what has the actual serial number and keep the upper? See where i'm going with this? If marshall law passed and we knew our guns were going to be confiscated, couldnt we take all those parts and "sell" them and just turn in our serialized parts?

The way i figure it is, why give the state your hard earned money and a working handgun. If i ever had to surrender anything would i have to or would/could they make me give them replaceable parts?

thx

Theoretically, it COULD happen in NYC or San Francisco or Chicago. But, outside of those cities it is impossible to comprehend. Not enough man-power, or willing men to do it, and the gun records are totally off.

Well, way I see it is, if I see it coming, I'll be moving. If they kick in my door, they'll be taking it from my cold, dead hands.

So you'll shoot it out with the Feds? Yeah right

Little do they know that I have slowly built up an immunity to tear gas by gassing myself for years and an immunity to pepper spray by eating nothing but pure capsaicin for breakfast! The only thing they have on me is bullets, so I'm pretty sure I can operate my way out of there with my awesome sporterized 10/22 with like 3 aimpoints on it. :smoke:

Okay I'll bite...

All my ARs were built from stripped lowers and I have paperwork to confirm it. If forced to do so, I would turn over just the stripped lowers as I could make the argument that I never finished building them into full rifles.

Okay I'll bite...

All my ARs were built from stripped lowers and I have paperwork to confirm it. If forced to do so, I would turn over just the stripped lowers as I could make the argument that I never finished building them into full rifles.

+1

First I would obey the law. With that said.

So many parts to keep up with. Broken down, how would the one confiscating the "firearms" even know what they had unless familiar with all the parts. Turn over some parts and see if that satisfies them. Throw in some airsoft parts, little lawn mower parts, and anything else and watch the confusion begin. Can't give what they didn't ask for.

But I would already be back in Texas.

Okay I'll bite...

Right until the show you this post you posted on the interwebs. "The Matrix" lives!!!

C

I would have sold my guns before hand and if I had any left I gladly hand em over because my government knows what's best for me.

What a good subject citizen you are.

So a gun confiscation begins and they come knocking. You think you will have any grounds to make your "argument" over what is technically considered a gun? The bottom line is if shiznit gets to that point, they can call your blender a gun and take it, and you wouldn't be able to do anything about it. You will get answers like "tell it to your lawyer", "tell it to the judge after we arrest you for obstruction", etc ,etc

This is not a good planned defense against a potential gun confiscation. The only good plan is to not have the guns when they come knocking.

I would have sold my guns before hand and if I had any left I gladly hand em over because my government knows what's best for me.

Please put some kind of sarcastic emoticon after saying something like this. OP may actually think you're serious, and that would be scary if you were.

PVC pipe and parts and some dessicant dehumidifier packs would turn out to be my best friends should this scenario ever come about. Those things, and a nice shovel to dig down into a good hiding place.

It is pure folly to speculate that individual gun owners would forcefully resist confiscation, IMO. Would there be those isolated instances where the "cold dead hands" scenario applied? Sure, but few and far between. By and large, we are among the most law-abiding citizens in this country by dint of our gun/shooting hobby. While we may love and embrace our constitutional rights, it is hard for me to envision any kind of armed, organized resistance should the feds decide one day that it's game over for gun ownership in the U.S.

Personally, evasion, outright lies and stealth would be watchwords for me in confronting something like this. It would still make me a felon, but there's no way my home and family goes unprotected.

I would expect a no-knock warrant. Is there any other kind nowadays? So, Yes.

Gang members yell "police" during home invasions around here, and recently some even wore uniforms instead of just putting on tactical vests.

I have a phone number and a doorbell. Park some township cars out front and call me maybe.