Kaiser7

So someone broke into my car

Anyway, as some of you may know, my '97 Maxima is currently sitting around until I can get it fixed after being rear-ended by a Mays landing driving instructor. Though this probably happened the other day (as my mom mentioned her car being broken into again) I just noticed about an hour ago that my car was broken into, and that stuff was scattered around inside.

I think they first looked through my glove compartment, since everything in there was emptied out onto the seat. The funny thing is, my center console hardly had anything moved around in it. Only the papers at the very top were taken out of the console, and left on the driver's seat, it also looks like they got out of there in a hurry since they left a set of sunglasses and a phone charger in my car.

The papers at the top of my center console? NRA membership papers I never sent in XD.

Oh, and before you ask, no, we didn't bother calling the police, car break-ins have been going on around me for a few months with regularity. The last time my mom's car was broken into, they ended up releasing the guy with no charges despite his lengthy criminal record of drugs/theft/assault charges.

As usual, the police around here are worthless for anything but traffic violations.

your going to have to catch them yourself, the cops may catch them but not know it.. most of the time in car theft is for quick money to purchase drugs..

I stopped reporting stuff like fights, drug deals, and things like that. Even when our power was out for 4 days a few years ago, and cars were getting broken into every night, they only sent one patrol down there to check stuff out after I mentioned to them I heard people opening car doors. They're pretty much useless, in theory I respect the position, but the ones around here don't do anything.

Start capping a few and I`m sure you`ll see a police presence

I was considering leaving a note in my center console that said, "Hi, if you're reading this, and I don't know you, you better hope I don't hear you breaking into my car, or you're screwed" lol.

I was considering leaving a note in my center console that said, "Hi, if you're reading this, and I don't know you, you better hope I don't hear you breaking into my car, or you're screwed" lol.

Get a laser pointer and point it into the car.

Note that says "If you can read this, you're at the other end of a sniper rifle. You move, and you die."

Get a laser pointer and point it into the car.

Note that says "If you can read this, you're at the other end of a sniper rifle. You move, and you die."

Good idea, though I don't think I know of any sniper rifles that utilize a laser sight. I'm rather curious how that notion got popularized by Hollywood. I don't even think laser sights are common on anything besides handguns.

The problem is, it is a hit and run the cops cannot get their in time unless one rolled up while they were breaking in..So in this case you need to catch yourself or at least be able to identify...picture or video while they are running away..HAHAHA...

The problem is, it is a hit and run the cops cannot get their in time unless one rolled up while they were breaking in..So in this case you need to catch yourself or at least be able to identify...picture or video while they are running away..HAHAHA...

Put a trail cam out there. and a note in the console that says, "Smile @$$ H*!% They never see it coming.

Please lock up your house and consider extra security measures.

I had my car broken into 2 month ago and they stole only my insurance and registration, or so I thought. I had no idea they had even broken into my car until the police arrived the next day at my house and returned my documents to me. They said they stopped someone who was in possession of them but would not elaborate. Similar to your story my car was also sitting long term - I was using my other car and had left this one parked in the same spot in front of my house for 6 days. This indicates that the thieves watch the cars and likely look for ones not being used or that sit for a long time.

Later that day I realized they had also stole my electronic garage door opener, which would grant them access to the house. We immediately reprogrammed the garage door openers, had our alarm system re-activated, and also installed surveillance cameras in the front, back, and sides of the house all around with remote monitoring. And also bolstered the gun safe to the floor and walls with gigantic bolts into the concrete. For all I know, we may have missed having our house robbed by a matter of hours.

Although guns are great for self defense, you can't defend yourself with your guns when no one is home. Guns are not dogs. If criminals saw an NRA brochure they are not thinking "don't mess with this guy" they're thinking "watch this place and come back when no one is home"

So please make sure your home is secure, and more importantly, that your guns are secured. It does not take much to break into many cheap safes and a lot of those "gun cabinets" sold at Dicks can be made into a complete joke with about 10 minutes and an angle grinder. The reason I mention this is a lot of people store their gun safe in their man cave - which, in many cases, also contains all the tools necessary to crak the safe open. This is why the next security measure I am considering is one that would make it appear as if there is no safe there at all.

I am sorry if I sound paranoid but just trying to offer advice of what I have gone through recently.

Please lock up your house and consider extra security measures.

I had my car broken into 2 month ago and they stole only my insurance and registration, or so I thought. I had no idea they had even broken into my car until the police arrived the next day at my house and returned my documents to me. They said they stopped someone who was in possession of them but would not elaborate. Similar to your story my car was also sitting long term - I was using my other car and had left this one parked in the same spot in front of my house for 6 days. This indicates that the thieves watch the cars and likely look for ones not being used or that sit for a long time.

Later that day I realized they had also stole my electronic garage door opener, which would grant them access to the house. We immediately reprogrammed the garage door openers, had our alarm system re-activated, and also installed surveillance cameras in the front, back, and sides of the house all around with remote monitoring. And also bolstered the gun safe to the floor and walls with gigantic bolts into the concrete. For all I know, we may have missed having our house robbed by a matter of hours.

Although guns are great for self defense, you can't defend yourself with your guns when no one is home. Guns are not dogs. If criminals saw an NRA brochure they are not thinking "don't mess with this guy" they're thinking "watch this place and come back when no one is home"

So please make sure your home is secure, and more importantly, that your guns are secured. It does not take much to break into many cheap safes and a lot of those "gun cabinets" sold at Dicks can be made into a complete joke with about 10 minutes and an angle grinder. The reason I mention this is a lot of people store their gun safe in their man cave - which, in many cases, also contains all the tools necessary to crak the safe open. This is why the next security measure I am considering is one that would make it appear as if there is no safe there at all.

I am sorry if I sound paranoid but just trying to offer advice of what I have gone through recently.

None of my stuff is in a safe. It's all hidden.