zoid

Is it pointless to have a Glock 26 and a Glock 19?

I have another GSSF coupon which I most likely will use before it expires.

I was thinking of a G19 Gen 4 only cause I've always kind of wanted a 19.

But since I started my interest in pistols I've already picked up a G26 (Gen 3)

and a G34 (Gen 4). So is a G19 kind of pointless?

No other model really interests me. Maybe the 21, but I'm not that drawn to it.

Just wanted to hear your guys thoughts. I promised myself I wouldn't be that

guy that had a bunch of Glocks. So much for that.

I have another GSSF coupon which I most likely will use before it expires.

I was thinking of a G19 Gen 4 only cause I've always kind of wanted a 19.

But since I started my interest in pistols I've already picked up a G26 (Gen 3)

and a G34 (Gen 4). So is a G19 kind of pointless?

No other model really interests me. Maybe the 21, but I'm not that drawn to it.

Just wanted to hear your guys thoughts. I promised myself I wouldn't be that

guy that had a bunch of Glocks. So much for that.

IMO, the nice thing about a Glock 19 for an NJ owner is the fact that a stock magazine comes in right at our maximum allowable capacity of 15.

You check out the 20 yet? Awesome piece.

Don't get me started on that. I shot one and it was FUN!

But 10mm is too expensive and I don't want to reload

another caliber. Plus 10mm brass is very rare.

If money was no issue I'd get me a 10mm press, a G20,

and make myself a nice hand cannon.

So is a G19 kind of pointless?

You check out the 20 yet? Awesome piece.

The G19 was my first so I never got distracted with the G34 or G26. I tried out the G26 but didn't like not having my pinky on the hand grip so I opted for the G19 since it is still an easy CCW.

Shot a G20 Tuesday night. It was awesome, even with Remington UMC light loads. I want to try it with some full loads now for comparison. Sighting was excellent at 10 yards and 2 more rounds than the G21 capacity.

The G19 was my first so I never got distracted with the G34 or G26. I tried out the G26 but didn't like not having my pinky on the hand grip so I opted for the G19 since it is still an easy CCW.

Shot a G20 Tuesday night. It was awesome, even with Remington UMC light loads. I want to try it with some full loads now for comparison. Sighting was excellent at 10 yards and 2 more rounds than the G21 capacity.

If you're ever headed up this way, shoot me a PM and you can put a few full rounds through it at the Bayonne range.

I promised myself I wouldn't be that

guy that had a bunch of Glocks.

Hey, what's wrong with having a bunch of Glocks? ;) I have a 19 (plus a 23, 34, and 35), and seriously considered getting a 26 as a CCW, before ending up choosing a Springfield XD 9mm SC. I say go for it!

I have a G19 and its all the Glock I want and need for now. I don't see any reason for u to get G19. u have a sub-compact for HD and CCW and u have a competition for the range and ... well competition :)

glock is workhorse not a collection piece ;)

only get them as many as u gonna actually use.

I have a bunch of Glocks. The 26 is by far my favorite. I feel the 26 is a better shooter than the 19 but it might just be the way it fits my hand. That being said the 19 is an excellent compliment to the 26. But the 19 is definitely not a duplicate of the 26, 15rds full grip vs 10rd 2 finger grip. The 26 is much easier to conceal. A compact Glock is a good addition to every collection. You could always opt for a different caliber compact like the 23 or 32.

I sold all my gen 3's for all gen 4's. I wanted consistent grips on all my Glocks. Something else to think about.

The good thing is that if you get a G19, you will easily be able to sell it if you decide you don't want/need it. Since you have the 9mm caliber covered pretty well with a 26 and 34, you may want to get a G23. You can get an aftermarket Lone Wolf barrel for it (and some 9mm magazines) and then you can shoot both 9mm and .40S&W. It would most likely be just a little over $100 for one. If you want to spurge get the KKM conversion barrel. The cheaper South Korean magazines work just fine for range fun. You can even get a .357 SIG barrel for it as well down the road. Yes, the G23 would be a most versatile Glock and it is a little more beefy than the stock G19. You would have no problem selling that model, either. And, you could use the 9mm 15-round G19 magazines OR the 15 round G22 .40 S&W magazines. And, a .40 would be good for defense, etc.. 9mm is good when you have a potent defensive round, while .40s are good in defensive rounds or even in just plain ball. I don't think there really is a .40 round that isn't good defensively, and it has more capacity than a .45 ACP, etc. w/ about 90% of the .45's stopping power. Yes, the G23 with a conversion barrel would be a nice addition.

I would like to have a 19, 23 and a 26, someday, and maybe a 17 if I move out of NJ. And if an Uncle of mine leaves me his .45 ACP stash, then I will need a 30 as well.

I have a G17, G19, and G26 gen 3 models. I don't like the G26 too much without the pinky extension for the floorplate on the magazine. I would recommend the G19 as I think it's a better all-around size. It fully fits in my hand and has a better sight radius.

G19 probably the easiest to unload if you decide that you don't want it. Unless you can carry concealed, a G19 would be a better all-round gun.

If I had to do it over, I'd probably go for the 19 instead of the 17. I was so hung up on the fact that my pinky didn't entirely fit the grip of the 19, that I got the 17. Great gun, don't get me wrong, but the 10 round mag is depressing. If only I knew then what I know now. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If I had to do it over, I'd probably go for the 19 instead of the 17. I was so hung up on the fact that my pinky didn't entirely fit the grip of the 19, that I got the 17. Great gun, don't get me wrong, but the 10 round mag is depressing. If only I knew then what I know now. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

just trade it in for a G21 with 13 or 15 rounds.