Adam

Heritage Guild in Branchburg..

Did what I didn't want too, and strayed from my normal haunt (Lous in Raritan). Lou's didn't have any .38 self/home defense ammo in stock. With a home invasion yesterday near enough to spook the wife more then usual, she wants the LCR loaded and ready for her to get.

So, went in and over to the firearms section to purchase Hornady Critical Defense. Standing AT the ammo counter FID out and ready. Old guy looks right at me, and then just goes back to looking at his catalog. Someone else walks in (older guy) and the old guy employee (OE) asks right away if he can help him.

Walks in front of me, and buys a box of 22. Mid transaction he decides he wants another box. The OE gets all pissy and says "Way to make my day harder". So, customer stated he's just trying to keep a budget. OE's rude as hell response "Budgets? That's why god made credit cards"

Now I know why I've avoided this place. Other then the 2 cute broads, this place has nothing to offer.

I've learned my lesson, I'll wait for Lou's to have it in, or order online.

Adam,

That's weird. Maybe it was just an "off day"? Still, no excuse for treating customers like that though. The only reason I say that is because just last week I went in and got treated like a king (first time there ever). Guy helped me out, answered all my questions, no attitude or anything. I walked out with my Stag M8. I do agree on the cute broads though. While my Stag was on the counter during the NICS check, the brunette walked over and was like "oooohh, you're buying the stag" all girly like, LOL.

I do however, plan on taking a trip to Lou's soon, I LOVE the AR's he has in some of his pics on FB.

I found them friendly enough but they were charging over list price for the gun I wanted and wouldn't budge because it was a new gun. Other folks had it for a significantly cheaper price but none of them were within an hour and a half of my home so gas + tolls and it would have been a wash (and I was already there with P2P). Next time I'll likely drive the distance so as not to give my business to someone wouldn't wouldn't even go below list price!

I have been there a few times and can attest to the inconsistent "customer service".

A couple times I've been helped with okay service and the other times they acted like I was bothering them, were rude, and did the bare minimum.

News flash: if you are trying to run a business...you probably shouldn't act like an a$$hole to customers if you are interested in repeat-customers. You aren't doing us a favor - you work there and should cater to our needs and questions if you want to continue to stay open!

One of the older guys that works there is a douche... Just always seems crabby, always has a sour-puss on, and seems to have something to say about everything. I think he believes that he's funny but he comes off like a douche. Don't know his name, but I usually try to avoid him when I go there because I just can't stand him. He seems to be very knowledgeable about guns, but the Hertiage Guild management really should get rid of him... if they want to help their business. I'm assuming that this is the same guy that you're referring to. Grayish hair, kinda long in the back (sort of like a mullet), mustache... wears a big gold chain... My nickname for him is "Old Douche" because I don't know his name.

There is a lady there with red hair, kind of short... I can't remember her name, but she's extremely friendly, funny, very helpful and knows quite a bit about guns. I've bought guns from her, just because she is so helpful and positive when I go there. She's always willing to spend as much time as you need to look at everything and never gives you an attitude. Even though I could have gotten the guns from somewhere else for cheaper, I bought from her because I really enjoyed dealing with her. If I had dealt with the old douche, I probably would have walked out the door and wouldn't have bought the guns from them.

There's a really young, very tall and VERY cute blonde that recently started working there (I think she's a cashier) that in my opinion is just smokin hot! LOL! She's a sweetheart too... really nice and friendly.

Seems weird to have such a difference in customer service between two locations of the same business. The HG folks in Easton have been nothing but polite, friendly and helpful when I've shopped there. Not so much at Branchburg, though I surely second the remarks about the eye candy there.

I guess I can be a little positive on this thread and also add that the guys behind the archery counter (Sean and Mike) are really good guys and great to deal with. I usually go there for a lot my archery needs, especially since it's only 5 or 10 minutes down the road from where I live.

Did what I didn't want too, and strayed from my normal haunt (Lous in Raritan). Lou's didn't have any .38 self/home defense ammo in stock. With a home invasion yesterday near enough to spook the wife more then usual, she wants the LCR loaded and ready for her to get.

Where was the home invasion yesterday, Marlboro?

I've been there a couple of times. Usually get real good service in the front of the store but some of the guys in the gun section seem disinterested in helping out. SOP for nj gun dealers. I'll never purchase a gun there. Pick up some targets and archery wouldn't be a problem

I stopped by Branchburg coming back from a root canal. I've been looking for a used Glock 19. Asked the guy behind the counter.I got'nope, and if one did come in I'd buy it before it ever hit the floor'. What a douche. I'm not a rube, I know choo stuff gets picked of before out ever gets to the case, but no reason to rub my nose in it. This one was the middle aged washed up biker tool with the mustache.

Rahway can be douche-ee at times, but there its a very nice salesman (can't reme. He is a reallymber his name, I think he is a firefighter in real life). He answered all my questions, let me handle everything in the store. A real good guy. The rest can all suck it.

I'm 50/50 on the branchburg store. When I picked up my Sig the older tall guy was nothing but helpful. I forget his name but he was a former cop and took the time answer my questions and review the gun in detail. He even tossed in 3 range cards and discounted a couple boxes of ammo.

Now I'm pretty sure the guy everyone is describing is at best a "hit or miss" when it comes to customer service. My first time in the store I spent a good 30 minutes BS'ing with him. The next day when I went back to get some cleaning supplies, he acted like a ruining his day.

Now I make it a point to "window shop" the store until the older ex cop is available to work with.

Place has a decent amount of accessories that i need now and then and i get them from Branchburg since they are close. I can get the same stuff at Easton but i like getting it from there on my lunch breaks.

As for the douche we all know who he is and the first time i was there when they opened he acted a little better but most time he`s doing his antics. I avoid him as best i can.

The short lady with red hair is knowledgable and nice. I got her to write me up on a G19 instead of the douche.

It was higher priced , but the only reason that i ve bought a gun in this place was because PK was on vacation and my permit was goign to expire.

I'm 50/50 on the branchburg store. When I picked up my Sig the older tall guy was nothing but helpful. I forget his name but he was a former cop and took the time answer my questions and review the gun in detail. He even tossed in 3 range cards and discounted a couple boxes of ammo.

Now I'm pretty sure the guy everyone is describing is at best a "hit or miss" when it comes to customer service. My first time in the store I spent a good 30 minutes BS'ing with him. The next day when I went back to get some cleaning supplies, he acted like a ruining his day.

Now I make it a point to "window shop" the store until the older ex cop is available to work with.

I agree with you... The gentleman you're referring to is a very good guy and very personable and funny. I bought a pistol from him a few months ago and he threw some ammo in for free when I asked... I believe you're right, that he is a retired LEO... or at least he looks like one.

It's just the "Old Douche" that sucks...

The lady with the red hair that works there is also really good... Damn, I wish I could remember her name. Really helpful and will show you and let you handle every gun in the store, and never rushes you. I bought from her too, just because she's great as well.

I'll avoid that place like the plague from now on. If Lou's doesn't have it I'll wait till they do, or order it online.

For all you AR guys, going to HG for AR accessories, Lou's now stocks a LOT of AR items.

I'll avoid that place like the plague from now on. If Lou's doesn't have it I'll wait till they do, or order it online.

For all you AR guys, going to HG for AR accessories, Lou's now stocks a LOT of AR items.

Have you talked to them about being a vendor on the forum ?

Yup been picking up some magpul furniture there, ive noticed they have DD rails and more. Been talking to them about supporting the forum too.