Shawnmoore81

Incredible steak

Thursday my family took a trip to ocean city. The place we went for lunch messed up my meal, the place we went for dinner even though half the place was empty tried cramming into a table where my 1 1/2 year old would have been sitting by her self my wife and I would have been crammed because of how close the tables were and I would have been staring straight at a wall. I walked out as soon as I saw the table. My inlaws volunteered to watch the baby while my wife and I went out. At this point I already had enough of ocean city so I surprised my wife and took her to Atlantic city. We went to the revel for dinner at the steakhouse called American cut. The food was absolutely perfect. I highly suggest this place to anyone in Atlantic city. My wife had the filet with crab cake and I had a boneless ribeye with the house steak sauce. For appetizer we had calimari, king crab and lobster flash fried with this sauce that the only way I could describe it is general tso's sauce but better. The desert was salted caramel ice cream and a chocate peanut butter mousse. Everything was just so good

http://www.revelresorts.com/dining/american-cut

Here the the dessert

0f0cc8c3.jpg

Went to Arthurs once. We always joked about saying, "ahhh, that steak taste like another one"... Then the challenge came. First started out with a bowl of chili and a liter beer. Bud said if I could finish a 48 ouncer, he'd pay. Took me a half hour. Washed it all down with another beer, then had an Irish Coffee and a piece of Mississippi Mud Pie. Thought I broke a fooking rib on the way home. That was decades ago. Today, that rib still hurts on occassion... Whew! Never again...

Never understood how anyone can have an appetizer, main course, AND desert... Bravo for having the space to fit all of that. Sounds great though.. this will be the next dinner out with the wife because of the review.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple... ;)

American Cut is one of my favorite restaurants in AC! Last week went and had the surf and turf for two. It's a 420z Tomahawk bone-in Ribeye with a 2lb Lobster. Place is top notch and I definitely recommend it as well as the other restaurants in Revel like Amada and Central. The clean/sophisticated atmosphere of Revel is unparralled in Atlantic City.

American Cut is one of my favorite restaurants in AC! Last week went and had the surf and turf for two. It's a 420z Tomahawk bone-in Ribeye with a 2lb Lobster. Place is top notch and I definitely recommend it as well as the other restaurants in Revel like Amada and Central. The clean/sophisticated atmosphere of Revel is unparralled in Atlantic City.

We had the same, no complaints. the bacon app was outrageous!

That meal sounds great! I will definitely have to make a trip there after reading your review. :good: Whats not to like, Ribeye with a side of cheddar potatoes and porkroll....man I can feel my arteries hardening just reading about it. :icon_razz: LOL. Good stuff right there.

What kind of $$$$$ we talking bout for a lovely meal like that? 1,2,3,4 $?

It's $175 for just that meal plus more for your butter/sauces and sides. We only got one small appetizer bc we knew such a big meal was coming and 2 glasses of wine each. However I was not as fortunate as Shawn to be able to have room for desert. Was just too stuffed lol. Hit right over $300 out the door.

On another note.... If you guys weren't aware right now Lobster is at the lowest price per pound since it was for the last 20 years. Average of $4.00-5.99 a pound at your grocery stores! Just last summer I was paying $12.99. Since the Surf and Turf is a prie fixed item and not a Market Price item I dont see that going down. But keep aware of market priced lobsters at restaurants, you could be surprised at the price. But it is actually is more economical right now with these prices to just get them pre-steamed/boiled at the grocery store and have a huge feast at home for under $100 and feed a family of 4.

Reminds me of the dinner after I proposed to my fiancee.

Dungeness Crab, cranberries, black garlic & Ginger

422333_10151277803010573_1397298020_n.jpg

Turnip ceviche, quinoa, habanero, sweet potato

422239_10151277809650573_1016766028_n.jpg

Halibut, beets, pickled juniper, hollandaise

420556_10151277813935573_624295406_n.jpg

Consommé, winter bouquet, mint, truffles

429016_10151277812025573_46916376_n.jpg

Rabbit & Foie gras terrine, quince mostarda, romaine, breakfast radish

424198_10151277806935573_1801836314_n.jpg

Aged sirloin, beef cheek lasagna, mushrooms

401551_10151277815520573_435876413_n.jpg