Cam'mown

Just joined CJRPC

I just had the orientation on Wednesday. I can't wait to get my badge this week.

I'm curious to know if anyone on here was there in my group.

Do any of you current members have any suggestions or tips pertaining to this range?

I built 2 target stands for the iron holders and put some stakes on the bottom that swivel so I can plant them inside the 50 yard berm. I thought that easier than building 2 separate stands for my uh...stands

1) Read the Rules

2) Follow the Rules

3) Read the Rules

4) Follow the rules.

It's a great range, possibly the best around. We want to keep it that way. Everyone is looking out for everyone's safety and if someone questions you on something, don't get mad. We will know if your new, because of your badge. We keep a look out for the new people. And don't hesitate to ask a question with other members there. We will help you, any way we can.

Have fun, and always clean up after your done!

Welcome.

The biggest issue at the moment seems to be people using rifles other than 22 in the pits. It can be done to practice cowboy action or other shooting disciplines but only with pistol grade ammo (38 special as an example) with less than 1,000 FPS velocity. To qualify you must participate in 3 events. You'll see the info in your rule package.

My advice would be to read the range rules and if you have any questions ask one of the board members.

It really is a terrific facility.

Oh, make sure to get your certification on the skeet/trap machines. It's done on the first and last sunday of the month and takes a few days after that before your fob will activate the machines.

Besides all the tips posted so far, I would say don't ever not go because you "think" it's going to be crowded. Been there when there are 5 things going on at once, and never has it been an issue to get a pit, lane, parking spot, etc.. love that place, went yesterday, and even with 5 stand and Cowboy Action goin on in the pits, there was PLENTY of room and the rifle ranges were empty.. (1 guy @ the GP range, and 1 and the hight power.)

Also, meet up with a someone here that is a member for your 1st visit, It will make things a lot easier for you. I did this with JimmyAGR and it was great, and we are good friends now..

oh, and Welcome.. you made the right choice! :-)

Besides all the tips posted so far, I would say don't ever not go because you "think" it's going to be crowded.

Absolutely.

The calander is also posted online by the way so you can see wht events you'd like to try out.

They also have great youth leagues. Make the most of it, it's YOUR club

Thanks guys...

I've read all the info and reread all the info. By-Laws, rules too.

I take pride in all that I do, so my wife and I will show great respect to our club. We are excited to learn Trap and are going to sign up for the Machine Instruction. I'm also curious about shooting steel eventually, but I will take those steps in time.

We will be there Thursday night to celebrate the 2nd Amendment and if anyone will be there and wants to meet let me know.

Nich

Thanks guys...

I've read all the info and reread all the info. By-Laws, rules too.

I take pride in all that I do, so my wife and I will show great respect to our club. We are excited to learn Trap and are going to sign up for the Machine Instruction. I'm also curious about shooting steel eventually, but I will take those steps in time.

We will be there Thursday night to celebrate the 2nd Amendment and if anyone will be there and wants to meet let me know.

Nich

Just so you know Thursday evening outdoor pistol range is used for NRA bullseye pistol if I am released from the hospital I will let you know we can go shoot in the pits if you are shooting pistols

Just so you know Thursday evening outdoor pistol range is used for NRA bullseye pistol if I am released from the hospital I will let you know we can go shoot in the pits if you are shootingK pistols

Hey not gonna be able to make it to range tonight still stuck in

Jersey shore

My son and I were out last night. We shot in the trap league and I got a personal best round 21/25. After that to the pit and then indoors once it got dark. I ran into some of the members who joined up with me in april, and some other noobs, and some older members. It's just such a great facility.

The place is great. You can have tons of fun even if you follow the rules! CJRPC is the best of the last 3 clubs ive belonged to. But,.. If more people dont follow the rules it will go to hell just like the last 2 I belonged to. Its not just newbs either!

Enjoy your membership. Its a great club.

Ken

The place is great. You can have tons of fun even if you follow the rules! CJRPC is the best of the last 3 clubs ive belonged to. But,.. If more people dont follow the rules it will go to hell just like the last 2 I belonged to. Its not just newbs either!

Enjoy your membership. Its a great club.

Ken

CJFPC is awesome. There's always plenty of space to shoot without waiting, Especially during the day on weekdays. I've bumped into a few who haven't quite followed the rules, but they're quick to understand when you bring it to their attention. If everybody speaks up, in a respectful way, the club will stay safe.