Shawn, you have some patience... With all the paperwork you have, I would have lawyered up already and be filing a case against the state/towns to a light a fire under there rears to make a change. Ridiculous.

So back to scanners.... If a car with no plates goes by and the officer is reading his cell phone, does the scanner pick it up? ;)

or the fact that driving is a privilege.

Again, is traveling a right or a privilege?

"The use of the highways for the purpose of travel and transportation is not a mere privilege, but a common and fundamental Right of which the public "

"The Right of the Citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, either by horse drawn carriage or by automobile, is not a mere privilege which a city can prohibit or permit at will, but a common Right which he has under the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Is everyone driving engaged in commerce?

you would think its a right but it can be taken away. refuse to let the tsa molest you and see how quick youll be banned from air travel.

I have a fear of airplanes so that doesn't bother me. I have flown once, didn't like it. Now the TSA in NYC subway now I have a problem with that.

Loover:

http://www.loover.com/media/news15_over.wmv

Might this work in your favor? Seems that it only works if the camera is higher or lower in angle.

Plus Gloucester county and Camden county jails not releasing me til I posted bail. The Guards arent even willing to look up a social.

You sir need to start viewing lawyers like guns. You need to be armed and take the fight to them. Im not one to view court as a payday, but some a-holes need to get taxed so they do their job.

This whole mistaken identity thing is crap. There has to be a way for the "system" to handle this. Perhaps it will take some boisterous lawsuit to finally get the state to address this. Sue for all the hardships that you had to endure over the years.

They are not accurate either. My wife got a ticket for expired registration because of one of them, The reg was renewed one day late. The ticked came on the fourth day. The DMV cashed the check one dat after the reg expired leaving a one day lapse, not four. It took 4 trips to court in Freehold to get them to drop it. They wanted a letter from the DMV stating when the reg was renewed. The DMV does not provide this, they state that it is good from the time of payment wich was three days prior to the ticket. The told us that the bank records where all we needed as per NJ state law. Apparently Freehold operates above state law as they would not accept this. After much arguing, 3 court dates and the hiring of a lwayer they dropped it. As a result of this I will no longer go to Freehold mall (thats where the ticket came from). I notified the mall about this and they could care less. Therefore the mall and Freehold can suck a dead dick, Ill take my business elsewhere. The cop that wrote the ticket said once the computer reads the plate he has to write a ticket (it happened as we where leaving). I asked him if the car was in my yard and he drove by would he ticket it? The answer was yes. If they ever do that to me there will be a huge lawsuit from me.

Now ask me how i feel about this scam they have going.

Ken

Shawn,

What I don't get is that you have a NJ SBI # linked to your 10 prints. Evil Shawn obviously has an FBI #, NJ SBI #, and maybe even state ID #s from other states, which should all be linked together. Were you ever printed electronically and mistakenly confirmed as a match to something more serious than a local warrant? If so, you may be popping under Evil Shawn's record. It's a little complicated, but I've seen it happen before. You might want to file a FOIA request with SBI and FBI just to make sure. Did you ever show the Po-Po your FID when they were locking you up as Evil Shawn and have them run your SBI #? Just a thought for the inevitable next time. And on a completely not serious note, does Evil Shawn look like you but with a triangular soul patch?

He added that the investment in automatic license plate readers has also been helpful. The device watches cars driving down the street in both directions as well as cars that are parked and reads the vehicles’ license plates, automatically determining if the cars are associated with violations of the law.

Director of Public Safety Cris Simmermon explained that with the assistance of license plate readers, the police can now easily detect stolen vehicles and suspended drivers. This benefits the safety of the officers greatly, he said, because they can now know who they are approaching even before they leave their vehicle.

So if I had a suspended license...and my wife was driving our car...she would be pulled over contantly?

93d55e4b.jpg

Man, I would carry this one around with me...for just such occassions.

The cop that wrote the ticket said once the computer reads the plate he has to write a ticket (it happened as we where leaving).

So does this mean they are slowing eliminating "police discretion" to allow officers to make the call on whether or not the ticket is actually justified? Id love to turn the clock back 15-20 years.

I don't believe the non-emergency lines are recorded

TinFoilHatArea.jpg

Hey, there are a group of people that don't believe that 9/11 was a terrorist attack, or that the structure and damage to the buildings by the aircraft caused the pancaking of the buildings. There are people that believe the government can watch you through your TV set.

hypnotized.gifaugenreib.gif

The cop that wrote the ticket said once the computer reads the plate he has to write a ticket (it happened as we where leaving). I asked him if the car was in my yard and he drove by would he ticket it? The answer was yes. If they ever do that to me there will be a huge lawsuit from me.

This is completely false.

You have to assign a disposition for every hit the system returns. You do not have to issue a summons to every hit. Acceptable dispositions include, but are not limited to:

On private property

Unsafe to follow up

No action required

Misread

Out of jurisdiction

Summons

Arrest

Out of vehicle

Higher priority call

Every hit has to be checked for reader accuracy - make sure the plat reader read ABC-123 and not 48C-IZB. If the plate was read correctly, then the return on the plate has to be run as well to check the current status of driver and registration. The Officer, like always, then uses his discretion on whether or not to issue.

NJKen, in your case the Officer was either misinformed as to his duties regarding this device, or more likely, too chicken shit to just admit he wanted to write you a ticket to your face and made up the "My hands are tied by policy" bs as an excuse.

FYI: Those plate covers are illegal in NJ under title 39:3-33 and are reason enough to stop a car.

Bonesinium: As I see it driving is a privilege. Travel is a right. Travel provided by a private company ie: Bus, train, plane, taxi - it is up to you to follow their rules.

Traffic light cameras are completely unconstitutional bullcrap and deny people their due process of law as guaranteed in the bill of rights.

The person driving the car is responsible during an "old school" traffic stop. But with license plate cameras, what if you take your car to the mechanic and during the test drive he runs a red light? What if you loan your car to a friend and get a ticket in the mail a week later?

I read that the cameras are created by for-profit companies who sell the cameras for exorbitant amounts of money, but offer a deal to towns instead. They say, instead of paying for the cameras, how about sign a contract and we get 3% of all $ it creates in tickets.

This is not policework. This is a disgrace.