Underdog

Ideas for Romantic Weekend Getaway

I'm looking for ideas for a local romantic weekend getaway...

Possible aActivities of interest would include Yoga, Horseback riding, movies, access to a swimming pool, eclectic shopping, kayaking...

The ski resourts in the Poconos have summertime activities like horseback riding, biking, pool, etc. Google Pocono resourts and browse the various sights. Better get moving if you are planning for this weekend.

For shopping I recommend Lambertville, NJ and the town in PA just across the river. When you are done there, take a 10-min drive into PA up to Peddlers village for more shopping.

If I recall correctly, the Milford Plaza was known not only for its Hip-Hooray, but also for its Ballyhoo. I always preferred its Ballyhoo.

To the OP: If you're up for a drive and you're talking a Friday night through Sunday night adventure, stay near Harpers Ferry, WV and hit Shenandoah NP while you're down there. Lots of horseback riding, whitewater rafting, canoeing, and eclectic shopping.

If you're not on a budget, take a quick flight to Casablanca, Morocco.

Manhattan.. Soho grand top floor looking out to the river,Romantic walks along the High Line and Dinner at Perry St Restaurant,Latin Dancing in the meat Packing district in the street on weekends,shopping and browsing in Pearl River 3'rd floor,Sherry and Serrano ham tasting at Despana and Kayaking in the Hudson River off the pier after brunch at Prune.

Think about it.

Beautiful Mount Airy Lodge.

Where all you need to bring is you love of everything.

And The Millford Plaza is the lullaby of all Broadway...

Am I dating myself? :)

If I recall correctly, the Milford Plaza was known not only for its Hip-Hooray, but also for its Ballyhoo. I always preferred its Ballyhoo.

To the OP: If you're up for a drive and you're talking a Friday night through Sunday night adventure, stay near Harpers Ferry, WV and hit Shenandoah NP while you're down there. Lots of horseback riding, whitewater rafting, canoeing, and eclectic shopping.

If you're not on a budget, take a quick flight to Casablanca, Morocco.

It was up to you, but you should have gone to the Nevele.

Take a look at the Peach Grove Inn in Warwick, NY. Never stayed there myself, but one of my wife's frineds raves about it. I'm sure there's horseback riding nearby and you won't be far from Greenwood Lake.

Cape May: there are plenty of Bed and Breakfast locations and nice hotels. Horse drawn carrage rides through the area. Beautiful sunsets (sunset beach gets crowded but go into Cape May Point at the end of Alexander Ave to avoid the crowd - same view). Great food. Kayak rentals, cruise the back bays. Whale/dolphin tours (whales are rare but dolphins are plentiful). Fishing, hiking through Cape May Point State Park, same park you can climb the lighthouse. Cape May County Zoo, 15 minutes from Cape May and it's free. Good zoo too. Beautiful beaches. Wildwood is 10 minutes away, ride rides, play games, have fun.

I can give you a ton of additional ideas but I have to go to work.

If you do cape may, pm me and I'll give you my cell number, I can make lots of reccomendations.

Ron

johnp, it's the Grand Union flag. It was one of the flags of the Revolution flown by George Washington. Was the unofficial flag of the new United States on July 4th, 1776 and remained our flag until the Stars & Stripes was adopted in 1777.

Ron is right, Cape May is just wonderful! I realize that you started this thread yesterday, and therefore may already be "somewhere", but if not get there when ever you can. Lots to see & do and I can give suggestions on where to stay & eat. Go several times a year--in all seasons!

Dave

Beach Haven on Long Beach Island has a lot of nice bed & breakfasts. I went to Pocono Palace last year. http://www.covepoconoresorts.com/ We went in March for winter sports, but still managed to go horse riding 15 minutes away. Might I add there is a Walmart you can swing by to replenish your ammo stockpile. :D

P.S. if you have a CCW you can experience living as an American. That's how the little lady convinced me to go. (That and she paid ;) )

The Loop Inn , Avenel NJ

http://loopinn.com/

I had an associate that did not want her mother to know she was seeing an older man so every time she went on a rendezvous she would claim to be going to the "POOL". Her way of lying and at the same time not.

Her parents thought she was an excellent swimmer........