Kaiser7

K98s seem to have really jumped in price Also question about stocks

i'v been looking for one for a while. Would love to add one to my WWII collection

I was just looking at K98s on gunbroker, cheapest GERMAN ones are $500.

As for G43s, the only one I saw was over $4000

Yea, I found the G43 via google.com search. Brought me to a michigan gun owners forum, and he shipped it to my FFL. Spent $1600 on it, everything is original and matching, but the stock was sanded by the vet. I bought the original ZF4 scope seperately, with a repro mount.

Just keep up the search and you'll come across one. What is your limit?

Yea, I found the G43 via google.com search. Brought me to a michigan gun owners forum, and he shipped it to my FFL. Spent $1600 on it, everything is original and matching, but the stock was sanded by the vet. I bought the original ZF4 scope seperately, with a repro mount.

Just keep up the search and you'll come across one. What is your limit?

For me on a K98k? Like the $300 ballpark, potentially more if it's in REALLY good shape, but my only concern is the receiver and barrel, as long as I can clean up the stocks, and get the black shit off of them, I'll buy one like that.

At the price it may take some time to find. I guess you wont care if it is a russian capture rifle? I can keep an eye open on them and if a good priced one comes up, Ill just PM it to you.

That's not problem, as long as it shoots well and is German. Insignia is cool, but honestly, with my eyes, I wont' notice it missing. hooded sights are a plus lol.

I'd really appreciate that. I tend to keep my eyes open all the time, just in case I see something I want.

The top one in that pic is not a K98, it's a G/K43.

The sight hood started being used in '41 I believe. If you get a K98 with the grooves on the front sight you can install a sight hood yourself. They are pretty cheap (like $5). Mine came with the grooves and I installed the sight hood myself.

I am NOT a Mauser Guy...but I do have three.....

The black stuff comes off.... I nailed a very nice RC with all marking intact...but the stock and metal were a shambles....they cleaned ymup to a beautiful laminated stock and the metal is awesome....

Keep ur eyes out they are out there .....

Someone stated that they die a little inside when they see a sporterized one....

I'm like that with enfields..... I just found a sporterized no4mk1 T..... yes... that was sporterized....

Yeah I bought it....

But all these rifles were cheap cheap cheap in the 60's.....who knew that gbet would be worth all this today...

IMO as well as others these are some of the best investments you can make

I'm the one who dies inside when I see that. I also die when I see specific firearms I like be destroyed, or hear about it. Case in point, a cop who would be stationed at the movie theater I worked at mentioned an M14 that someone called about because they found it in their new house, apparently the thing was in fantastic shape, and they simply threw it in the furnace. A shame, I don't know about the legality of it, but if I found one of those, I'd take it to an FFL to have converted to semiauto and keep it. I'd love to have one of those.

Well, if you're not a mauser guy, I suppose I could be persuaded to help free up some room in your safe for another enfield or something. XD

I am NOT a Mauser Guy...but I do have three.....

LMAO Nick!

fantastic!

Yeah, what the hell is up with that. I AM a mauser guy, and I have a VZ24, so what's that count as, like, .75 mausers?

Lmao.....I was gonna be.....but I feel.I am more of an allied Guy....LOL

Seeing as how both grandfathers served America, I suppose I am too. There's only one German leader with a funky 'stache who I actually like. Any guesses?

IMO, if you need a good German looking Mauser you can try Mitchell Mauser's, they are reworks of the yugo type but hey at least it looks authentic.

If you can find a Romanian capture Mauser your good, they rarely ever messed with the waffenamps. I have a 44 that was a Romanian capture, and a 42 that is a vet bring back.

IMO, if you need a good German looking Mauser you can try Mitchell Mauser's, they are reworks of the yugo type but hey at least it looks authentic.

If you can find a Romanian capture Mauser your good, they rarely ever messed with the waffenamps. I have a 44 that was a Romanian capture, and a 42 that is a vet bring back.

Bit of a Necropost, but I think it makes more sense than restarting the topic. I appreciate the advice.

I considered Mitchell's before, though I know they aren't "Authentic".

If I ever have a ton of money, I'll buy collectable guns, but at this stage in my life, I think it's dumb. If I drop a lot of money on something that's collectable, I'll never shoot it, especially not with corrosive ammo, and I'm really not interested in simply collecting right now. So I've thought that a Mitchell might be good for a shooter, since I could shoot it, and not have the guilt I feel shooting a war relic.

That being said, every time I see a sporterized Mauser, I die inside. Actually, that goes for any milsurp arm.

I'm not devoted to waffen marks, While they're cool due to the historical value, my hatred of Nazis, and the stain they have left upon my heritage makes me apprehensive to have any of that stuff. While I love the arms the Germans had in WWII, they're beautiful and many were the best fielded in the war, the actual government and events behind them are something that I hate.

To put it another way, with Israeli mausers, I'm fine with the destruction of the waffenmarks, but the rechambering to 7.62 actually bothers me.

Bit of a Necropost, but I think it makes more sense than restarting the topic. I appreciate the advice.

I considered Mitchell's before, though I know they aren't "Authentic".

If I ever have a ton of money, I'll buy collectable guns, but at this stage in my life, I think it's dumb. If I drop a lot of money on something that's collectable, I'll never shoot it, especially not with corrosive ammo, and I'm really not interested in simply collecting right now. So I've thought that a Mitchell might be good for a shooter, since I could shoot it, and not have the guilt I feel shooting a war relic.

Forget Mitchell's, in my opinion they are being deceitful with what they are doing.

What you should be doing is buying tomorrows collectables now, Mosins, Steyer M95's, SKS's and there's a slew of comblock pistols out there to be had cheap. All this stuff will go up in value as the imports dry up. I'm still kicking myself for not buying mint Swedish Mausers 20 years ago when they were $89.

You can shoot corrosive ammo all you want, as long as you clean them when you get home it won't harm them any. That's what was fired though them when they were in service anyway.

Forget Mitchell's, in my opinion they are being deceitful with what they are doing.

What you should be doing is buying tomorrows collectables now, Mosins, Steyer M95's, SKS's and there's a slew of comblock pistols out there to be had cheap. All this stuff will go up in value as the imports dry up. I'm still kicking myself for not buying mint Swedish Mausers 20 years ago when they were $89.

You can shoot corrosive ammo all you want, as long as you clean them when you get home it won't harm them any. That's what was fired though them when they were in service anyway.

True, I have a sort of feeling that I never clean well enough. Since I never grew up around guns, and no one I know who owns firearms clean them, all my cleaning skills are self-taught.

I'm always scared I'll screw it up and not do a good enough job. Unfortunately, money is soooo tight right now I'm lucky to add one or two to my collection a year.

Plus, I really don't know what tomorrows "Collectables" are. Figure I could grab a few Mosins, Since they'll probably jump from the $140 ball park to $400 in a few years.

True, I have a sort of feeling that I never clean well enough. Since I never grew up around guns, and no one I know who owns firearms clean them, all my cleaning skills are self-taught.

I'm always scared I'll screw it up and not do a good enough job. Unfortunately, money is soooo tight right now I'm lucky to add one or two to my collection a year.

Plus, I really don't know what tomorrows "Collectables" are. Figure I could grab a few Mosins, Since they'll probably jump from the $140 ball park to $400 in a few years.

Cleaning is not rocket science, just wipe all the metal surfaces down with bore cleaner and then oil. Some people use Windex first for corrosive ammo if they can't clean their guns the same day or just because they think it's better to always do so.

Almost any guns that are cheap now, will be worth more later, whether or not they are milsurps or not. I remember when Saigas first hit the scene, they were around $200-$250. Look where they're at now. Look at the eastern block pistols coming in now, Tokarevs, Makarovs, Polish P64s & P83s, CZ 70s & 82s & 83s, FEGs and Nagant revolvers, they can mostly be had for more or less $200 a piece. Once the imports stop, these will easily go up to $400-$500 in a few years, if not more - Russian Toks go for around $800 right now because Russia has an agreement not to import anymore at this time. Personally I wouldn't pay that for a Russian Tok because if they ever lift the ban they will $200 again, but the Yugo, Romy and Polish Toks are a different story, no import ban, and they WILL dry up eventually.