DargZ

Spikes Tactical 14.5" Lightweight 5.56/.223 DynaComp BAR-12 Upper Receiver

Called AIM... no go on the buffer... I'm a little annoyed because I think they're not doing the right thing as a business. If the product listing showed a buffer as part of the included parts/accessories, then they should provide it. I realize that they corrected the product listing eventually, but for those folks that put their order in, thinking they were getting a buffer with their upper... AIM should provide it. Anyway... I'm not going to get all in a tizzy over a small thing like this, but a little experience like this might make me think twice about doing business with them again in the future.

No buffer :( I think I'm going to call them and see if I can get it out of them. They did have it listed as part of the package when I ordered... so I think they really should include it.

It did come with 3 ladder rail covers that are pretty cool. So depending on what style you like, you might not have to buy any. I had Magpul XTM covers on my previous upper... and I really like those too. For now I'm going to stick with the ladder rail covers that came with the upper.

The QD sling point was in the box with mine... so no need to buy one of those.

If you have the red dot, then the only other thing that I can think of is a set of BUIS. I put Magpul MBUS on mine.

Not sure what lower you have, but I have a Spikes lower and the upper and lower match up perfectly and there is no play between them.

You're going to love this upper... it feels really nice and balanced... it looks badass... and I'm sure it's going to shoot great! I'm heading out to PA for a couple of days to my friends place in the mountains... We're going to be shooting all weekend long, so I'll be putting the new upper through its paces. I can't wait!

No luck on the buffer huh? I agree, i think they should def honor that and am rather annoyed that even calling them didnt do the trick. Maybe if enough people call they will reverse their thinking? Ill give it a shot i guess, cant hurt anything...

I actually ordered some magpul rail covers today, maybe ill just sell them if the ladder ones are doable.

I guess I can also sell the front magpul sling point i picked up since the rail has one built in, i like that....

I have some MBUS ready to go waiting at home already :)

Im wondering if i should zero the BUS 1st without the dot mounted, or just mount the optic and zero them with the optic turned off. Does it really make a difference? Im assuming not.

I have a PSA lower, so i am hoping the fitment is tight as well. Ill post up some results after my daughter goes to bed tonight and i am able to play with my new toy...

I am looking forward to getting home to check it out. Maybe ill have to do take-out tonight so i dont have to "waste" time cooking dinner lol

No luck on the buffer huh? I agree, i think they should def honor that and am rather annoyed that even calling them didnt do the trick. Maybe if enough people call they will reverse their thinking? Ill give it a shot i guess, cant hurt anything...

I actually ordered some magpul rail covers today, maybe ill just sell them if the ladder ones are doable.

I guess I can also sell the front magpul sling point i picked up since the rail has one built in, i like that....

I have some MBUS ready to go waiting at home already :)

Im wondering if i should zero the BUS 1st without the dot mounted, or just mount the optic and zero them with the optic turned off. Does it really make a difference? Im assuming not.

I have a PSA lower, so i am hoping the fitment is tight as well. Ill post up some results after my daughter goes to bed tonight and i am able to play with my new toy...

I am looking forward to getting home to check it out. Maybe ill have to do take-out tonight so i dont have to "waste" time cooking dinner lol

Let me know how you make out after you call them (send me a PM)... Maybe if enough people call in and **** about it, they'll provide them?

About sighting it in... what has worked well for me is to sight in the BUIS first and then align the red dot to them (if you are cowitnessing, of course). I have front sight set for a slight 6 o'clock hold and I set my red dot so it sits right on the tippy top of the front sight. This way when I'm using the red dot, I can place the dot right on the target I'm shooting.

Here's a crappy cell phone shot of my "new" AR:

20120814_160027-1.jpg

i will also be calling about the buffer tomorrow.

If you don't mind, PM me and let me know how you made out after talking to them. If you're able to get it out of them, I'll probably call them back again and try to press the issue a bit more.

I must say Aim Surplus really stepped up to the plate on this one and i will always look to them first when making future purchases.

^This

I have used Aim in the past, and have nothing but great things to say about them. This reason is just another why I would recommend them over other online retailers in the business. Now to search for more ammo or lowers from them :)

I must say Aim Surplus really stepped up to the plate on this one and i will always look to them first when making future purchases.

I agree! They did the right thing here, and because of that I will definitely shop from them again.

Wow, I'm glad Aim Surplus came thru for you guys with the buffer. They are a great place to buy stuff. I'm always going to their site looking for stuff. It's just too bad they cannot keep stuff in stock (but who can?).

I shot mine this past weekend, at my friends place in the PA mountains, and put it through its paces. It shot great! The lightweight barrel is great and the rifle balances so nicely. My complete rifle with optics on it weighs in at 7.4 lbs (with an empty mag), so it feels really nice and light. I did some run and gun and hitting multiple targets at distances between 50 and 100 yards in quick succession was a piece of cake. I was really impressed with the way I was able to quickly transition from target to target with this upper. My previous upper was no slouch, but this one just feels a lot lighter and able to move more quickly.

Here are a couple of shots of me giving it its "baptism by fire"... LOL:

20120818_162256-1.jpg

20120818_162249-2.jpg