John Boy

Hopewell Twsp Issues FID's in 2 to 6 Weeks-Why Can't Others?

Q. How long does the initial application take?

A. From the time the application (Form STS-033) is completed and the fingerprints submitted, approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks. When the identification card is completed the detective will contact you. Please do not call to “check up” on the progress of the application.

Q. How long does it take to get a permit?

A. If the applicant is going through the initial process (STS-033), four (4) to six (6) weeks. If the applicant already has the firearms identification card, approximately two (2) to four (4) weeks after the submission of Form 212A and Form STS-033.

If you have any questions or need clarification regarding any issue, please contact the Detective Bureau at (609) 737-3100

And they state these time frames on their website ... http://www.hopewellt...nformation.html

Hopewell has a population of 1,922. people. Cherry Hill has a population of 70,000 people. Hopewell probably has 1 or 2 applicants per week to process, if that. Cherry Hill has more like 20. I think it's just simple math.

Hopewell has a population of 1,922. people.

Lavallette has a population of 1,884

It took my friend 4 months & 3 weeks for the FID that was just a change of address !

For a change of address & 2 handgun applications - I'm on week 7 now

Hopewell has a population of 1,922. people. Cherry Hill has a population of 70,000 people. Hopewell probably has 1 or 2 applicants per week to process, if that. Cherry Hill has more like 20. I think it's just simple math.

What's cherry' hills turnaround time? Plenty of places with populations bigger than 70k that do about 8 weeks on turnaround.

It really comes down to 3 things:

1. Priority the Chief gives to completing said applications in a timely manner.

thats all it boils down to. its known that the state part of the checks takes a few days at most. after that, it simply sits on the chiefs desk until he decides to finally get around to it. population has nothing to do with it. i know someone who routinely gets his permits within a week of dropping off the application....because hes buddy-buddy with the cops and captain, and i believe shoots with their pistol league, or something to that effect. if the head whoever is anti-gun, doesnt like you, doesnt like his job, etc, it simply sits on his desk for weeks on end.

thats all it boils down to. its known that the state part of the checks takes a few days at most. after that, it simply sits on the chiefs desk until he decides to finally get around to it. population has nothing to do with it. i know someone who routinely gets his permits within a week of dropping off the application....because hes buddy-buddy with the cops and captain, and i believe shoots with their pistol league, or something to that effect. if the head whoever is anti-gun, doesnt like you, doesnt like his job, etc, it simply sits on his desk for weeks on end.

Actually it depends on whether or not they have someone assigned to do it regularly. If they have someone who does them all the time as a part of their duties, then it's usually pretty quick, if it's a duty tacked onto someone with 50 OTHER things to do, then it'll be delayed, it really is that simple sometimes. In my former Dept i;ve seen it go a bunch of different ways. When we had 2 guys in BCI and my original Chief, turnaround was about 3 weeks for FID, and 3-4 days for Handgun Permits. The Next chief didnt want to see any FID's or permits unless there were a minimum of 25 for him to sign, if that took a week, Great, if it took 5 weeks, thats what it took. The guy after that didnt want to see any MORE than 10 at a time, The current chief has gone through all of those phases, at one point he had about a 2" stack sitting waiting to be signed, other times they come back down the same day when they went up. Where I live, it's a part-time gig for one of the detectives and not a huge priority so it takes about 7 weeks from dropoff to pickup.

I handed Lavallette Offiicer Ryan Grenhaligh the required paperwork for change of address & 2 handgun permits on June 27th. He looked it over and said it was complete and that I would have the FID & permits within 10 weeks. He is the officer assigned for FID's and permits

11.4 weeks later: The 2 references have not been contacted and I've heard nothing about finger printing. In the meantime, I have a Colt Mustang on hold in Connecticut and a FID with my old address that I can't use

Where I live, it's a part-time gig for one of the detectives and not a huge priority so it takes about 7 weeks from dropoff to pickup.

Congratulations and compliments to your police department!

I handed Lavallette Offiicer Ryan Grenhaligh the required paperwork for change of address & 2 handgun permits on June 27th. He looked it over and said it was complete and that I would have the FID & permits within 10 weeks. He is the officer assigned for FID's and permits

11.4 weeks later: The 2 references have not been contacted and I've heard nothing about finger printing. In the meantime, I have a Colt Mustang on hold in Connecticut and a FID with my old address that I can't use

Congratulations and compliments to your police department!

Holy Crap! That is at least worth a phone call to see what the holdup is.

Ken

I love my town.

Hand paperwork in on a Sunday night, by Tuesday I get a call apologizing for the delay, Wednesday/Thursday I have my permits with another apology for the delay.

Longest I've waited was 2 weeks. Officer was on vacation, then chief was.

=)

FID, took 31 days.

My ppp takes about 3 weeks to get and none of my references were ever contacted, only when I got my fid which was when I turned 18 did they contact my references and that took about 6 months to get because one of my references never filled out the paper so I had to provide another one so that was actually not the towns fault, the lady told me they have to wait a certain amount of time before they send a letter out to you letting you know your fid is pending because one of your references never responded