Sign in to follow this  
MosinRob

Traditions pistols

I'm looking to get a pistol. I Called a reputable dealer to ask what they had. They told me some and they told me they had some used traditions pistols at great prices. The only bad thing was they told me they don't have a warranty with them. The Lyman's do though? Are traditions pistols that bad? Anyone have first hand experiences? Thanks guys.

Rob,

Buying used is often a good choice, IF the pistol has been loved by it's last owner. Several manufacturers make single-shot pistols. Some even come as "kits" where you have to finish building it and fitting it out. Some folks make a kit into a masterpiece and some make them into an abortion, and then there's everything in-between. Be wary of a "kit gun" that looks crudely finished or has parts that don't seem to fit snugly as this is an indicator or poor workmanship and thus should be avoided.

Lyman has a good report card and so does Thompson-Center. T/C's Patriot in .45 caliber are sought-after and usually bring a premium price in excess of $400.00 if well cared-for. T/C's aren't made any more but parts are plentiful. Traditions are also well known and offer an excellent opportunity of getting into BP pistol shooting without investing a huge sum.

Although I don't personally own single-shot pistols, I've used them on & off for several years. Several folks @ OB have made their own from kits (most are masterpieces). May I recommend that you phone Lance to ask for some assistance so you know what's what? If you need his number, please give me a call or PM me here. I'll be glad to pass it along and he'll be glad to hear from you.

Dave