BluesTele

Help... a strange problem with my Sig Mosquito

i have a problem with my sig mosquito.

i purchased it last december and since have fired over 2000 rounds with no issues,

until a few days ago.

i am experiencing stovepipes and ftl's.

usually at the beginning of the full 10 shot mag.

i assumed it was the mag. i tested the mag loaded with 7 and the first 2 rounds

are trouble. i tried it with 5 and the same problem.

i only have the one magazine.

also the same problem with different ammo.

why would the first couple of rounds, regardless of the initial mag amount be problematic ?

i'm really confused.

any ideas appreciated !

Hey, I'll be the first to admit that I'm no gunsmith, but if you suspect the mag is the problem, it would seem logical to pick up another one and see what happens. Worst case if it turns out it wasn't the mag, you end up with a spare, which is not such a bad thing.

These things have to be clean. You have to clean after at least every 200 rounds, especially the rails as mentioned above. Grease the rails liberally with a good gun grease. The grease seems to work better than oil for these guns. Also there is a little hole at the rear left side of the slide. Put a drop of oil in there every 200 rounds. That hole is for lubricating the extractor.

It could also be the mag spring. Maybe in combo with the above. I have over 5000 rnds on one mag, and it is still going strong. I have 2 other mags which I rotate.

As also mentioned above, on the sig forum there is are a couple of terrific writeups on how to clean and maintain this pistol. It is notorious for being fickle.

These things have to be clean. You have to clean after at least every 200 rounds, especially the rails as mentioned above. Grease the rails liberally with a good gun grease. The grease seems to work better than oil for these guns. Also there is a little hole at the rear left side of the slide. Put a drop of oil in there every 200 rounds. That hole is for lubricating the extractor.

It could also be the mag spring. Maybe in combo with the above. I have over 5000 rnds on one mag, and it is still going strong. I have 2 other mags which I rotate.

As also mentioned above, on the sig forum there is are a couple of terrific writeups on how to clean and maintain this pistol. It is notorious for being fickle.

Whoops, that's the RIGHT rear side of the slide.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By crazyboy
      Cleaning out some unused gear.
      Everything listed is in new condition.  Purchased to try on, and never left the house.  Unfortunately it is past the return time frame.
      Located in Ocean County, but would prefer to ship due to scheduling.  Will ship via USPS Priority Mail, Flat Rate Padded Envelope at no charge.  Don't hesitate to make reasonable offers.  
      The first person to say I'll take it to a particular item gets it.

Item 1 - 
      Vedder Holsters Rapid Tuck
      IWB Hybrid Holster
      Right Handed
      Fits Sig P365 with TLR6 attached.
      Steel Spring Clip for 1.5" Belts
      Hand Molded Kydex and Cowhide.
      Sells for $69 plus shipping, looking to get $59.  

Item 2 - 
      Vedder Holsters Quick Draw
      OWB Hybrid Holster
      Right Handed
      Fits Sig P365 with TLR6 attached.
      Belt openings fit belts up to 1.75"
      Hand Molded Kydex and Cowhide.
      Sells for $79 plus shipping, looking to get $69.  

Item 3 -
      Alien Gear Shape Shift 
      Springfield XD9SC Shell
      Alien Gear Shape Shift OWB Slide Holster
      Right Handed
      Sells for $63 plus shipping, looking to get $52.  

Item 4 -
      Alien Gear Single Cloak Mag Carrier
      9mm/.40
      Fits XD9 Mags, unsure what other mags are designed to fit.
      Convertible between IWB and OWB.  
      Sells for $41 plus shipping, looking to get $30.  

• By NJGF
      I want to purchase some speedloaders for a S&W 617 10 shot 22 revolver.

I found three brands:
      DS-10 (there seem to be a few varieties) Ansac Speed Beez I would be interested in hearing the pro's and con's of each of them.
    • By Gunnz
      Bought the p226 Classic a few years ago, and have put off buying the 9mm conversion since then...
      I work hard, and have decided to give myself a Christmas present and buy one...
      I know shore shot has them, and I rather not give them my money, anyone see them sold local?
      Anyone seen a good deal for them online?

Looking to buy ASAP!
    • By Tack Tickle
      Remington 500 round boxes For $29.99. One per customer.

Spend $49 and get free shipping with code 4GIFTS.

PDC 223 is on sale for $6.79. Throw in a few of those and there's your free shipping.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Ammunition/Rimfire-Ammunition%7C/pc/104792580/c/104691780/sc/104536080/Remingtonreg-22-LR-Rimfire-Ammunition/734676.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Frimfire-ammunition%2F_%2FN-1100192%2F&WT.mc_id=ir92929&WT.tsrc=AFF&rid=10
    • By BluesTele
      I went to Dicks today.  Went to "look" at a Marlin 60 that they have on sale.

Well.....I walked out with it.  No will power.

My first rifle since I was a kid.

It appears to be well made with a beautifully looking stock.  Can't wait to take it to the range.

One very surprising aspect - the NICS check took about 2 minutes.
      I guess the long waiting periods are over !