NickC

Red Dawn Reboot

Yeah form the article I read this was suppose to come out a while ago, The company that funded the film got sold and the new owners did not like that it was Chinese, The director quit and it got shelved, They came up with a compromise to change it to North Korea. Looks like a good pop corn movie.

It might be interesting as a movie, but does anyone have an original idea anymore. There are hundreds of books that might make good movies why the rehash.

TC

Cuz because of popular culture, there will be movies like Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey

It might be interesting as a movie, but does anyone have an original idea anymore. There are hundreds of books that might make good movies why the rehash.

TC

You do realize that turning a book into a movie is not exactly the definition of an original idea.

Meh. The only way my expectations could be lower was if Michael Bay was directing it. N Koreans? Really?

I heard the biggest reason they switched the "bad guy" was so the movie would sell better in china.

In reality, it would be a collaboration of the above mentioned countries and probably Iran and Russia as well. I'm still gonna see it.

Yup, they really chumped out by changing the antagonists from the Chinese. After all, the title is Red Dawn, LOL. At any rate, I'll probably go and see it. I thought the original was "ok" but nothing great. Started out strong but finished weak, IMO. This one looks promising, but I'll have to see it first before I can give it my stamp of approval, ha ha.

Speaking of remade movies, like others have said, and I agree, they need to get fresh ideas.....way too many remakes being done anymore. Hell, there are even remakes of remakes for gosh sakes. :facepalm:

Thor is a Wolverine?

LMAO :rofl:

Never saw a remake that was better than the original or even just as good.

Making the North Koreans the bad guys is a good idea. Very few of them will know the movie was even made.

Looks like a vehicle for Connor Cruise to start his career.

Having the North Koreans as the invaders is reminiscent of Homeland: The Voice of Freedom.

Looks like the movie should be good, but as others have noted, I don't know why we need re-makes of a bunch of relatively recent films. I guess they make money. Hey, anyone see the new Straw Dogs? Made my GF watch it with me a few weeks ago, and I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure she did. The last half hour or so was awesome.

Never saw a remake that was better than the original or even just as good.

Cape Fear?

I agree, though, too many remakes. They've even stooped to remaking movies like Spiderman, which isn't even that old yet! Somehow Pixar can churn out brilliant stories again and again. Maybe other studios should take a page from their book?

The Koreans invading the USA is a pretty stupid plot. They do not even have the money to feed their people but are able to mass an army to invade the USA.

Yeah, its very realistic alright. I might wake up tomorrow and the NJ AWB will be overturned. LOL.

I agree that its very unrealistic. North Koreans aren't very effective in establishing a viable espionage network because once a NK gets out of there and sees how the rest of the world lives they defect. If the North Koreans invaded the US we really wouldn't have to fight them. All we would have to do is offer them a two bedroom apartment, a small SUV, and a $1000 gift card to defect. Much less costly then fighting them. We probably wouldn't have to offer them that much.

I saw Mel Brooks in an interview and he was asked what his fascination was with Hitler (To Be or Not To Be, The Producers). He responded with if you made fun of or made anyone else the bad guy you would hurt some feelings. If someone was upset about Hitler being made the bad guy...who cares? If they do, the hell with them anyway.

Same thing here. If we make the Iranians the bad guys they would twist that around to their favor in the Muslim world. As I said earlier few North Koreans will ever see the movie. If this makes it sell better in China that's great. We can bring some of those US dollars home.

Someone commented that with Red Dawn as the title we should be up against the Chinese. The only true Communist countries left are North Korea and Cuba.