NickC

Red Dawn Reboot

You do realize that turning a book into a movie is not exactly the definition of an original idea.

Most of the great movies started as books, or plays. Gone with the Wind, Mr Roberts, Gettysburg, Red Badge of Courage, All Quiet on the Western Front, Maltese Falcon, Das Boot, Lord of the Rings. Bridges at Toko Ri. I'm sure there are original screen plays as well. Red Dawn was a bit cheesy actually but fun to watch if highly improbable. I do not think it was worthy of a remake, I can't sit all the way through the original again. Patrick Swayze is barely cold.

TC

The movie was suppose to come out in late 2010, and then was pushed to 2011... and finally got a solid release date for this November. MGM went bankrupt a few years back, and this movie, as well as the latest Bond (and some others) were put on the burners. A Chinese group came along to essentially save MGM... and, as its been said, rumors have it that they weren't fans of the fact that the main antagonists were Chinese. Thus, the dialogue and graphics were tweaked to make them DPRK.

Is the DPRK as the main protagonist in a film like Red Dawn feasible? Sure. DPRK is known for their prowess of having a fanatical "million man army." But the little known fact is that DPRK's real strength is as a dealer... thus they have access.They might not be crazy enough to launch a multi-pronged attack on a country half-way around the world (who honestly would be in these times?), but they do have the asymmetric warfare capabilities. By outsourcing certain aspects and acquiring certain items, they could legitimately have a chance. I mean, let's be honest, no government, including our own, is THAT good at their jobs... and it just takes a series of "paper cuts" to cause a deluge of chaos. Just look at the cyber-war that has really gotten quite hot in the last decade or so-- you know, the one that our government seemingly doesn't have much of a grasp on [yet].

It's going to be hugely gay. Not a large, hairy, fat man mounted on another man kind of gay, that's not what I mean. The other kind of gay. Gay Pride Parade gay. Village People and assless leather chaps.

I'll be rooting for the Koreans if I end up seeing it at some point. I'd rather starve to death under a communist invasion force than starve to death under an elected government that doesn't obey any part of The Constitution. I'd much rather be conquered than betrayed. Plus, if you think about it, a serious war on our soil by an external power is probably the only way we might ever get a remote possibility of resetting our government to one that follows our Constitution. We should be trying to encourage this. Because it's obvious we're never going to stand up for our rights.

I'll be rooting for the Koreans if I end up seeing it at some point. I'd rather starve to death under a communist invasion force than starve to death under an elected government that doesn't obey any part of The Constitution. I'd much rather be conquered than betrayed. Plus, if you think about it, a serious war on our soil by an external power is probably the only way we might ever get a remote possibility of resetting our government to one that follows our Constitution. We should be trying to encourage this. Because it's obvious we're never going to stand up for our rights.

Are you friggin kidding me?