peppers

mosin work

My 31 mosin was a cheap pickup. It shoots low and left no matter what. Im thinking something is out of alignment or put together wrong by the last owner. The stock is really nice but i have been toying with an aftermarket one. The stock peep site mount cracked at one point and totally broke when i tried to take it off to weld the crack. Maybe the barrel is no good from all the years i dont know. Im not deadset on keeping it looking authentic id rather have a great shooting rifle and maybe make a lamp from the stock i dont know. Looking for suggestions.

FWIW my mosins shoot the same bayonet or no bayonet. I think you know the problem is in that site. If your not particular about originality throw a cheap scope on it. I did that with one of mine and it surprised me how accurate it still can be.

Ken

Well after looking the gun over i found that at least at the muzzle the barrel is ovaled. And its in the direction the shots are dropping. I made the choice instead of paying $400 for a nicer sniper model im just gonna save up for a r700. Something brand new. So i have 270 ish 7.62x54r im willing to sell or trade for. 223 or. 45

Well after looking the gun over i found that at least at the muzzle the barrel is ovaled. And its in the direction the shots are dropping. I made the choice instead of paying $400 for a nicer sniper model im just gonna save up for a r700. Something brand new. So i have 270 ish 7.62x54r im willing to sell or trade for. 223 or. 45

Can post a pic?