NJ_609

Gun Shops In Southern NJ?

i'm near atlantic city As well.. got my first gun from Arms N Ammo just a month or so ago!! Great to deal with! He's off exit 32(exit after hammonton) on AC expressway and just 5 minutes off that exit... Zeus is about $100 more expensive then just about everyone. And since he's always on this board he's a good source of info! I don't see anyone from Zeus on here answering questions.

I'd definitely recommend Paul and arms&ammo.... Haven't been to his shop yet...but had the pleasure of meeting him and interacting with him at an out of state shop and can say he's a very knowledgable and nice guy...not having the attitude that you'll find a lot of shops do...

Go visit Paul at Arms N Ammo in Blue Anchor. He's a forum vendor and will help you out.

Yeah, Paul at Arms and Ammo is the man, he may seem a "little gruff" but he's really the nicest guy around, and will go way out of his way to help you get what you're looking for.

Should you choose to go elsewhere, I'd recommend Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro, they've always done right by me.

Lastly, there's Ed's in Deptford. I'm kind of on the fence with him, at times he's been really cool, and other times he's been kind of a jerk, but overall his shop isn't bad. But the other two are a must-stop, plus they have a greater selection of handguns.

Yeah, Paul at Arms and Ammo is the man, he may seem a "little gruff" but he's really the nicest guy around, and will go way out of his way to help you get what you're looking for.

Should you choose to go elsewhere, I'd recommend Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro, they've always done right by me.

Lastly, there's Ed's in Deptford. I'm kind of on the fence with him, at times he's been really cool, and other times he's been kind of a jerk, but overall his shop isn't bad. But the other two are a must-stop, plus they have a greater selection of handguns.

So I'm not the only one who has had good and bad experiences with Ed's. My one buddy swears by him but when I go in there he can either be super friendly and a jerk in the same visit.

I've purchased from A&A (AR15) and from Butch's in Vineland (MP45) and had very good experiences with both places. Though A&A's prices were a little bit cheaper. Other gunshops in AC area are Just Sports in Cape May Courthouse and Belleplain Supply in Belleplain.

So I'm not the only one who has had good and bad experiences with Ed's. My one buddy swears by him but when I go in there he can either be super friendly and a jerk in the same visit.

Yeah, my brother in law bought a handgun there, and was asking about ranges. When Ed mentioned he was a member of Square Circle, my brother in law asked about getting a membership there and Ed was kind of rude about it. But at the same time, when I was looking for some scope rings, he was as nice as could be, and entertained all my talking about guns and stuff. So you really never know with him.

When was the last time you guys were in Ed's? I guess a year or so ago, Ed passed away. His son now runs the shop.

When was the last time you guys were in Ed's? I guess a year or so ago, Ed passed away. His son now runs the shop.

I think for me it was back in August? The guy I always dealt with had glasses, grayish hair and a beard.

Same here. I've gone in there a few times and that is the only guy I've seen had brownish/greyish hair, glasses and a mustache. I've only recalled the guy described or the lady. I find the lady is always pleasant and nice to talk to.

Safe to assume his son has been in the store for quite a few years b/c when I use to live in town and go in there with my buddy before he would take me to the range i've seen the same guy. I guess just ignorance on my part not knowing his son's name. Always thought that was ed.

Same here. I've gone in there a few times and that is the only guy I've seen had brownish/greyish hair, glasses and a mustache. I've only recalled the guy described or the lady. I find the lady is always pleasant and nice to talk to.

Safe to assume his son has been in the store for quite a few years b/c when I use to live in town and go in there with my buddy before he would take me to the range i've seen the same guy. I guess just ignorance on my part not knowing his son's name. Always thought that was ed.

Yeah, I thought he was Ed also.

The current owner is Ed III, along with his mom Verna and wife Connie. Goes by the nickname Butch.

His late father was also Ed (Jr, I believe). He passed away a couple of years ago.

They're good people. I've bought a few used guns from them over the years.

I try to stop in regularly to say hi and see what's in the case, because you never know what gem has just been brought in for sale!

As far as South Jersey is concerned there is Ed's Gun Shop (Deptford), The Gun Rack (Vineland), County Sports LLC (Carney's Point), Bobs Little Sport Shop (Glassboro), Rayco (Merchantville) and Dicks Sporting Goods (Various Locations) and I believe a few other down the shore area such as Zeus. Out of these I have found that the people at Ed's Gun Shop are very nice to deal with but their selection on modern firearms is not always the best in stock but they can order you what you want. Ed is also a fantastic gun smith but since he does not have a ton of help is gets backed up but its worth the wait. I have also been to The Gun Rack a few times and the people are very nice and their selection is not bad. I believe Tony the owner is also a gun smith but I have not dealt to much with him but many people who deal with them really seem to like the way he does business. County Sports LLC is a smaller store but he carries really nice firearms and accessories. The owner Darel can also order you whatever you want and his prices are pretty good. Bob's Little Sport Shop carries a large selection of archery, pistols and longguns. They are fantastic people and very nice to deal with. The only problem is their prices are at least $25-$50 dollars higher on their guns than other stores. However, they do have an indoor range and will allow you to shoot your pistol there for a short time if you buy it there. Please be warned though that their prices on ammo are high. Rayco I have not been to yet but it seems like a small store I want to check out. Dicks Sporting Goods is great when they have sales on firearms and ammo. They can often have your cheapest prices but they have a really stupid rules such as leaving your ID cards on drivers liscense on the counter which is not a big deal but it just seems odd. I deal with the Dicks in Deptford often and they are very nice and helpful! I hope this helps!

I can definitely suggest Bob's Little Sport Shop. Been there three times, and all three times have been an awesome experience. Kinda busy depending on when you go, but worth it. Their ammo prices are a little high . Bought a box of Federal High Brass 7.5 shot and it was closer to $20 than I cared for. And the guys who work in the archery section are pretty cool. Friend got a Take Down Recurve from them in March and the guy working was awesome.

Haven't been to County Sports LLC, but from a few friends that have been there Darrel is a top notch guy to deal with. And I know one guy that only uses him for local purchases.

Once I get a vehicle, I plan on visiting AnA at least once, since every one who's dealt with Paul has nothing but good to say about him.