destro23

Oaks Gun Show - Philly Aug 25/26 2012

Anyone ever go to this one? also whats the rules buying a rifle or AR-Lower in PA and bringing it back in NJ?

City/State Philadelphia, PA(near King of Prussia) Hours

Saturday: 9am-5pm

Sunday: 9am-4pm Admission

$10.00 Coupon Eagle Arms Sporting Show Coupon Description

The Oaks Gun Show will be held on Saturday, August 25th thru Sunday, August 26th, 2012. The Philadelphia, PA Gun Show will be held at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center At Oaks and is hosted by the Eagle Arms Sporting Show of Pennsylvania.

Rifles, Shotguns, Handguns, Antique Firearms, AR’s, AR Accessories, AK’s, AK Accessories, Ammo, Military Surplus, Hunting Knives, Books on related topics, Gun Parts, Accessories and much more! Exhibitor Eagle Arms Sporting Show

Phone: (610) 393-3047

Email: [email protected]

Website:http://www.eaglearms.com Venue Greater Philadelphia Expo Center At Oaks

100 Station Avenue

Oaks, PA 19456

Phone: (484) 754-3976

700 Tables

Anyone ever go to this one? also whats the rules buying a rifle or AR-Lower in PA and bringing it back in NJ?

This the show that filled the void when VF stopped having them at the Convention Center. I haven't been there since that happened, but have heard good things about it. It will be interesting to see if the VF promoters can make a comeback at their new site.

You should be GTG for a rifle, but I believe that for a lower it has to be transferred through a NJ FFL. PK90 or someone else will jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I remember it, since a lower is neither a rifle nor a handgun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

So whats the deal with these PA shows for NJ residents? Can I simply buy a rifle or shotgun with no problems and bring it back with me (I assume a NICS is in order)?

As for a pistol, I have a clean permit ready to go. If I bring it with me, can I do the transfer there through a PA FFL? Or what is the chances of a NJ FFL being there to do the transfer right there and take possesion there?

Looking forward to going regardless!

The way I see this is that, as long as you buy from a PA FFL for a long gun, you are good to go with a nics check.

Handgun always has to go through a NJ FFL.

Yankee Armorer from Mahwah was at the Split Rock show. Didn't see any current handguns, mostly old wheel guns, and long guns.

So whats the deal with these PA shows for NJ residents? Can I simply buy a rifle or shotgun with no problems and bring it back with me (I assume a NICS is in order)?

As for a pistol, I have a clean permit ready to go. If I bring it with me, can I do the transfer there through a PA FFL? Or what is the chances of a NJ FFL being there to do the transfer right there and take possesion there?

Looking forward to going regardless!

You can buy any NJ legal long guns at the show FROM AN FFL, All handguns must be transfered to you by NJ FFLs only and only at their NJ location - in other words, if you see a handgun there you like, you cannot take it home with you, it must get shipped to a NJ FFL. You can leave your PPPs at home, dealers are only allowed to transfer guns in the state they are licensed in.

City/State Philadelphia, PA(near King of Prussia) Hours

Saturday: 9am-5pm

Sunday: 9am-4pm Admission

$10.00 Coupon Eagle Arms Sporting Show Coupon Description

The Oaks Gun Show will be held on Saturday, August 25th thru Sunday, August 26th, 2012. The Philadelphia, PA Gun Show will be held at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center At Oaks and is hosted by the Eagle Arms Sporting Show of Pennsylvania.

Rifles, Shotguns, Handguns, Antique Firearms, AR’s, AR Accessories, AK’s, AK Accessories, Ammo, Military Surplus, Hunting Knives, Books on related topics, Gun Parts, Accessories and much more! Exhibitor Eagle Arms Sporting Show

Phone: (610) 393-3047

Email: [email protected]

Website:http://www.eaglearms.com Venue Greater Philadelphia Expo Center At Oaks

100 Station Avenue

Oaks, PA 19456

Phone: (484) 754-3976

700 Tables

I've been to this one before, and I think it's nicer than VF used to be. The aisles are much wider and the selection is about the same. Last year, I got a decent deal on Speer Gold Dot 124 gr 9mm +p ammo (~$20/50, if memory serves me correctly).

For me, going to a gun show is less about finding major deals, and more about being able to handle a bunch of different guns in one place, hanging out with friends, and maybe picking up a decent deal on tools, ammo, or magazines. Oh, and the beef jerky. Can't go to a gun show and not get beef jerky. :rolleyes:

ONLY long guns can be taken home. AR lowers are not rifles, therefore must be acquired through a NJ dealer.

What about AR upper receiver group with a evil part like flash hider? Can I take it home and then have it fixed locally (muzzle brake)? Any issue transporting the upper receiver with the evil part home?

What about AR upper receiver group with a evil part like flash hider? Can I take it home and then have it fixed locally (muzzle brake)? Any issue transporting the upper receiver with the evil part home?

If you have the rest of the parts to build a rifle, it's not legal to possess.

"Assault firearm" means a part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts from which an assault firearm may be readily assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.

Is constructive possession in effect if someones has a complete NJ compliant AR15 and he picks up an upper with a bayo lug? I'm just trying to figure out the boundaries of this provision of the law before I build my next rifle...

My guess would be yes - that constitutes Constructive Possession. You have all the parts to make a functioning EBR under NJ law.

Is constructive possession in effect if someones has a complete NJ compliant AR15 and he picks up an upper with a bayo lug? I'm just trying to figure out the boundaries of this provision of the law before I build my next rifle...

The PRNJ Atty General knows no boundaries.

Build it and they will come (for you). :keeporder:

Was at this show today from around 12:30 till 5 when they closed. Big show, said that it was up to 1100 tables, not sure it was that much but was more than the usual 700 that it's been the last few times. Plenty see, so much so that I usually go through the entire place and didn't have enough time to do that today, got maybe halfway through the second loop through.

Saw lots of the regular vendors and a few new ones. Not too much jumped out at me as far as deals for firearms, though I don't quite recall seeing as many M1A's for sale here as in the past. A plethora of AR's as usual with some ok prices. Did see some russian capture K98's selling for $350. 91/30 Mosin Nagants did seem to be edging up in price though, think the cheapest one I saw was for $120. Was tempted to get a Gibbs Rifle Co. reproduction of the Springfield 1903 that they were asking $1K for.

Plenty of assessories for sale as well as plenty of knife vendors. Alas, did not see many good prices for ammo in my opinion. Only things that seemed like worth buying were milsurp ammo or any of the russian steel case stuff (tula, wolf, etc...).

Myself, I pickup some milsurp 7.5mm Swiss and 8mm Mauser ammo, a mag for my 50AE Desert Eagle and a 15rd mag for my M1A and a new shotgun forend for my Mossberg 500. Not too bad.

The PRNJ Atty General knows no boundaries.

Build it and they will come (for you). :keeporder:

Its true. They are hiding behind your curtains right at this moment!

I heard they have this new sensor system on the highways that can tell if you're driving around with any illegal gun parts. My cousin's dog's groomer got nabbed on the turnpike on the way back from PA with just a new-in-box Magpul stock and no guns because of this new digital system. Swear! :keeporder:

How were the prices on Mosins?

I was planning on going but decided to visit Surplus City in Philly instead. They had a few nice German K98's RC for $325 and $350.

Mosin 91/30 are now $120+ with average price:$150

The RC K98 for $350 at the show, were at the Surplus City table (Phoenix Distributors) and they had the eagles/swastikas peened

They((Phoenix Distributors) also had most of the century import rifles:CZ VZ58 for $499, Unissued Yugo SKS for $399, Golani for $500, C93 for $699, WASR for $499 and some H&K .40's police trade-ins for $425+.

I saw few M44 for $299-$400, M38's for $449, Finn M39 for $325-$550, K31's for $450+, M1 garands for $1000+(CMP service grade)

There was a Springfield M1 Garand with a double digit serial number "05" for sale(i think they guy is asking $2,500-$3000)

Ammo was selling for $309 for 1,000 rounds(.223) PMC XM193, 5.45x39 for $135 a tin, 7.62x54r for $75-$85 for a tin

For the people going to the show and looking for some Magpul parts, Precision Firearms (they have a table in the 2nd hall, all they way back) have the best prices by far far than anyone else(including AIMsurplus)

How were the prices on Mosins?

I was planning on going but decided to visit Surplus City in Philly instead. They had a few nice German K98's RC for $325 and $350.

I went there today, only had a couple hours to blow through the whole place, so I basically skipped all the pistols and bypassed all the AR stuff.

Quite a few Mosin's there, I was hoping to score a decent M44 at a fair price, but couldn't find one under $295 so I passed. There were quite a few guys selling the typical 91/30's ranging from $120-$200 (hex receivers) plus snipers in the $500-$700 range. A few guys had the big wooden crates of them, and I dug through all of them, nothing to exciting, but I did find a round receiver 1939 Tula numbers matching, mixed in one case (only Tula I found in the crates). Had a pristine bore, and the bolt action was the smoothest I've ever felt on a Mosin. I buried it back at the bottom and continued on the show, but swung back on my way out and it was still there. It was bothering me the whole show, so I talked the guy down to $130 out the door including NICS (came with the usual goodies.....sling, oil can, bayonet, ammo pouch, cleaning kit) and it's now in the safe awaiting a day of cosmoline cleaning! I was totally happy with it, and it's nicer than my 1942 Izzy, especially for the overall price.

No really good deals on ammo unless you wanted the Russian spam cans and even some of those were wayyyyy over priced.

Overall, a good show, something I've never experienced before so I'm glad I made the haul. Picked up some odds and ends like soft gun cases, cleaning supplies, and some handbooks too...plus the Tula!

i picked up a cheap shotgun that i think i got a decent deal on a new england 10 gauge single shot shotgun with extended hammer, shell holder on stock, camo finish and matching sling for $156. im still going to get the savage bolt action slug gun but this might let me put it off for another hunting season (if my shoulder lets me). it took martin and myself probably 3-4 hours to go through everything. I really liked this show because even though there were a TON of people at the show they had the tables spaced out so you not bumping into people every 2 seconds. i wish i was a pa resident so bad.

Was tempted to get a Gibbs Rifle Co. reproduction of the Springfield 1903 that they were asking $1K for.

Was that the 1903A4? If so, do you recall the vendor? Thanks.