Sabeast

Looking For A Range In Northern/Central NJ....NOT BULLETHOLE!

Sometimes, depends what day time you go. Every time I've gone I've taken a rifle and nice they only have two rifle ports, I always find myself waiting about 15-20 minutes. EFGA is a little far, but it's outdoors and fairly inexpensive coated to others.

With out knowing what you want to shoot there is also G&S Hunters in Paterson on Main Street. They have a range in the basement.

Here is their link. http://gshunters.com/

there are 2 good things about the Paterson range...it's not crowded, and they leave you alone. the one thing I hate is that the targets are all retrieved and set up by manual pulley system. you'll definitely get a workout. the ports are also small, but it's fine.

With out knowing what you want to shoot there is also G&S Hunters in Paterson on Main Street. They have a range in the basement.

Here is their link. http://gshunters.com/

You know, I've live in west Paterson for 30 years. I've never been to this range. I always heard it was a police only range and you had to know someone to go. So I never bothered. But it looks open to everyone.

Is it street parking only?

I know this will just be interpreted awful online.. but here is my thoughts on the Paterson range.. You want a quiet place, no lines ever, possibly even shooting by yourself, then go. But i will tell you this.. i've been a couple of times, and out of the 4 other shooters i saw in my times there 3 of them made me leave early. Zero muzzle discipline, weapons out of the ports. One guy had a pistol and he couldnt even hit the ENTIRE paper target from 7 yards away. I mean the ENTIRE target. It got so weird i asked him if i could help.. he kept mumbling something about the sights.. i had some allen wrenches with me and i said "maybe we can move the sights right now" and as he looked at the sights to see if they were adjustable he pointed the muzzle right at my chest. (i just got sick thinking about that again.).

I've decided i won't go back there.. way too nervous. Or i will go but only if nobody is down there. So that's 75% of my seeing people down there as dangerous. I have lots of respect for RO's now.

Went to EFGA earlier today, shot at every range. There was only one person with me at the pistol range. Then moved to the rifle range and was alone for about an hour, then a couple came by. Moved on to the plinking range and was lone the entire time. Sent about 5 hoours shooting today. I'm going to try and make it there during the week more often but so far, I love EFGA.