xshawnxearthx

Ramsey Outdoor must hate selling firearms.

I bought both my HKs at RO in Ramsey and had a great experience every time. No FID or PPP needed to browse or fondle. I just ask for help when I need it, the whole eye contact thing can be an exercise in frustration, so I don't rely on it. Ron is really great, he'd call me to give updates since both my HKs had to be ordered. The other guys like Fabio, etc were very friendly too. I think they're all just really laid back.My experiences with RO Paramus are a different story. FID required, not too friendly or helpful even when you ask. They just seem to be convinced you're not going to buy. I'm not going back.

Mark - 50 minutes how about 30...? Oh Wait, I got mega tickets last year... Be careful driving maybe 40 minutes.

Oh and they are stocking lowers and I'm seeing more and more interesting stuff come through there. Just sayin'

There is no possible way to get from Paramus to Highland lakes in 30 minutes. Trust me. I've been doing the trip for 12 years. With very light traffic, running 75 on 208, 85 on 287, 70 on 23 and catching all the lights green in Butler, you may get 40. If you don't drive like an Ahole, 50 is very achievable. If you are pokey McSlow, expect it to take an hour.

There is no possible way to get from Paramus to Highland lakes in 30 minutes. Trust me. I've been doing the trip for 12 years. With very light traffic, running 75 on 208, 85 on 287, 70 on 23 and catching all the lights green in Butler, you may get 40. If you don't drive like an Ahole, 50 is very achievable. If you are pokey McSlow, expect it to take an hour.

Mark I give up!! You're right!

Please don't travel those speeds. We need you and it's expensive.

Mark I give up!! You're right!

Please don't travel those speeds. We need you and it's expensive.

In the past 2 years, not a single cop on this route used instant-on radar. They just park over a rise or behind something with constant on. You get plenty of warning. All KA band, no lasers. In fact, I turned X and K off on my Valentine one after a year of not seeing a cop use anything but KA. I did get lasered a few times on the turnpike but I was just running with a pack 5-7 over.

I am a little suprised with the service or lack of service you received but then again I am not. I've purchased a few guns their and never really had a problem but I also learned who to look for. Ron is the best and Fabio is real good to. There is 1 or 2 of the other guys that are slightly on the arrogant side but usually they are pretty good their but if their busy, you have to let them know you want help since they seem to get alot of window shoppers. As far as them being very pricey, I dont see that at all. The last Sig I bought, they were $120.00 cheaper than Meltzers. My friend and I always had great dealings with Ron or Fabio so maybe give them another chance before you cut them loose. Good luck

I've found that their prices were really good.

You have to get to know them and you'll love them.

I walked out of Meltzer's with permits in hand.

After 15 minutes they did not even look up at me.

I didn't, but only because their pricing wasn't exactly where I needed it to be. $699 + taxes and NICS. I paid $670 all included online.

How was the NICS paid for online, isn't that a local fee at the FFL? Also, wouldn't there be a transfer fee? Curious I have never bought online.

How was the NICS paid for online, isn't that a local fee at the FFL? Also, wouldn't there be a transfer fee? Curious I have never bought online.

You pay a little up front, and then the remainder in cash when you pick up. They figure out what's what as to what amount goes where and to who. All I know is I owe $495.60 in cash when I pick up.

Check out galleryofguns.com.

Ron at the Ramsey store is great. Do a little research, decide what you want. Then call him up or stop in and tell him "I am shopping around for XXX, do you guys have one? If so, how much? If not, can you get one and how much?" Ron will give you a good price, no doubt. I got a good deal on two pistols from him - a M&P 9 and a Cimarron Open Top.

The rest of the guys there are typical gun shop counter clerks. I did the transfer for a BCM lower through them. Ron called me to tell me the lower had showed up and that I could come & get it. I told Ron I couldn't get there in time to see him. He said he'd leave the lower at the end of the counter and that any of the other guys could help me when I showed up. So, I get there and Ron is gone for the day, sure enough. I got the attention of one of the guys and told him that Ron had left my lower down at the end of the counter. Instead of walking down there to check, he asks one of the other guys if a BCM lower had shown up. Guy #2 says "No" - completely certain. Guy #1 turns back to me and says that my lower, in fact, had not shown up. WTF?!? Again, I tell guy #1 that Ron said that he'd leave the box down at the end of the counter, could you have a look? So tubby waddles down there and sure enough, the guy comes up with a BCM box. "I guess this is it?" Well, no sh!t, Mr. Wizard. No 'sorry' or anything like that. He was bugged that he had to do the transfer paperwork and NICS call. I got the impression that they are on commission only. This guy didn't sell me the lower, so he didn't want to do sh!t else to help out.

So, like anything else in life, I guess it really depends on who ya know.....

The ramsey shop is pretty good. I like the guys over there. Some of the AR's are over priced, but almost everything else is pretty in line with jersey prices. My first time in there, i was the only customer by the firearms dept. so i got help right away, but even now when it's crowded they they offer help cause they kinda remember you. I've seen a lot of people in there just looking at stuff. Overall the guys are helpful, some def. more then others. I noticed the guy who is typically by the rifles wont move unless you say something to him.

You pay a little up front, and then the remainder in cash when you pick up. They figure out what's what as to what amount goes where and to who. All I know is I owe $495.60 in cash when I pick up.

Check out galleryofguns.com.

To explain it, they are basically a distributor. Not an online gun retailer. They have contracts with some local retailers, so you make a down payment on the gun, and they send it to your FFL, where they complete the transaction.

Ron is really on top of it. Joe and Jim are pretty helpful as well. They know me by name, know what I like, and give me a "heads up" phone call if something I may like comes through the door. Pricing is pretty avg. layaway is pretty handy while you wait for paperwork, etc. For the time they spend selling the product, I have no problem giving them the sale.

not advertising for the place but I love heritage guild...

I find the staffs at both HG and Sarco in Easton to be great guys. Helpful, knowledgable and zero "gun shop attitude".

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2