Sign in to follow this  
NJKen

I finally went to Salomons today

and I can say that place kicks ass! They are the first reloading shop in new jersey that had everything I wanted in stock and at a competitive price. The only thing is they only had 1 box of the bullets I wanted 3 boxes of. I was told just come back after next week and they will be here. I asked why after next week and was informed that they are closed next week for vacation.

I write this so any members here that are on the fence about driving up/down to this place has a little more encouragement to do so. Once you go in there you will see why its so dam hard to get them on the phone. Also, bring cash. No CC at this place..

Ken

Better enough to reload. Im not alowed to shoulder a riffle untill at least mid october. And thats if I heal fast. I can however learn to shoot right handed at the end of the month.

At any rate, I will have a LOT of ammo to go through in my recoil therapy session.

Ken

They are like the mystical gun shop in the middle of the enchanted forest.

I was also shocked what they had in stock. I actually got my Kimber from

there.

Mon-Wed & Fri 6:30 PM to 9:00

Sun 1:00PM-4:00PM

142 Yellowbrook Road, Farmingdale, NJ 07727

732-938-2189

I'd give them a call before you go just to be on the safe side.

there.

732-938-2189

Only open Wed, Fri and Sun.

there.

732-938-2189

Yeah, thats about a great description! Like NJpilot said, take monday off that list. I was told by Gene (I think is his name) that they are open when they say they are open. If they get too busy they dont always make it to the phone in time. He's a fairly old guy, not too fast! They are not open this week at all. They are on vacation. They will re-open August 29. That is the word as of last sunday.

Ken

Update:

I have been shopping around for some components lately and nobody at all can beat solomons pricing. I cant find Varget anywhere for the 19.99 I just paid for it at solomons and there is no hazmat fee. For now on Ill order in bulk from him and wait til it comes in. I have no idea how he sells so cheaply but Ill gladly give him my money. They cant be beat for CCI 34 and 41 primers either.

Ken

Update:

I have been shopping around for some components lately and nobody at all can beat solomons pricing. I cant find Varget anywhere for the 19.99 I just paid for it at solomons and there is no hazmat fee. For now on Ill order in bulk from him and wait til it comes in. I have no idea how he sells so cheaply but Ill gladly give him my money. They cant be beat for CCI 34 and 41 primers either.

Ken

There's some sort of discount for dust I think. It's the only explanation that makes any sense.