Pizza Bob

WARNING: Possible Problem with WWB 9mm

Ray ray, it happens. No one is mistake free.

I understand all that, but it seems it happens the most with this ammo. I've never had an issue with Wolf/Tula/Herters steel-cased stuff and it's cheaper.

How the eff does winchester allow this to happen? Is this foreign-made ammo?

When the hoarders hoard, the machines run at 100% duty cycle or more. Your supplier is anyone who can get the parts on a truck.

Qc goes down hill.

Then you bring in the sub contractors. That's a big part of why I got my hoarding in back in October. I'm not so worried about bans, but I want to avoid this stuff.

Came across this thread right after I bought a value pack. I just inspected the entire box visually and aside from counting 101 rounds, everything looks okay to my untrained eyes. All primers look viable and bullet spacing looks pretty consistent. Not sure how I feel about shooting it yet.

Came across this thread right after I bought a value pack. I just inspected the entire box visually and aside from counting 101 rounds, everything looks okay to my untrained eyes. All primers look viable and bullet spacing looks pretty consistent. Not sure how I feel about shooting it yet.

e-mail inbound

I've now shot 600 rounds of WWB 9mm recently without incident and it's now on sale again at Dicks. I intend to pick up 3 more boxes this week.

How much is the 9mm 100 round pack at Dicks this week? The circular just has a range of prices for WWB. I shot 200 rounds of it from the Walmart in suffern without a single failure. I'm going to Bullet Hole tomorrow and they don't allow S&B which is what I've been stashing, so I guess I'll go by Dicks and pick up a couple of boxes of wwb.

MC

put it this way, unless you are using this for home defense or competition, I would not hesitate to use this ammo. Just when you shoot it, be cognizant of every shot, and STOP immediately if something feels odd.

The issue WWB has been having cannot be seen from the outside. The flashhole, or lack of one, is inside the case, between the main case compartment and the primer pocket.

Thus far, no word from Winchester/Olin on these 9mm WWB FMJ in defective cases. Apparently they have the same problem with some service ammunition sold to, among others, the FBI. Here is what they had to say about that:

URGENT URGENT URGENT – ACTION REQUIRED TODAY

The FBI is working with Winchester on a potentially serious condition affecting all recently produced .40 S&W, Winchester, Q4355, 180grain, Bonded SERVICE ammunition. Some of the cartridge casings were produced without a flash hole. This condition completely eliminates the ability of this Service cartridge to fire – this is a “silent killer” in that no visual inspection by FBI personnel can detect this manufacturing defect and it would only be known at the time the Agent attempted to fire their handgun. A limited number of problems have been reported however this is such a dangerous condition immediate action across the FBI is necessary.

Affected ammunition will have a four character “day code”, two letters, two numbers, i.e., FA 42. All Q4355 with day codes beginning with the letter F and any Q4355 with the two letter combination of EN are included in this recall. This ammunition must be removed from FBI service weapons and magazines IMMEDIATELY. Again, boxed ammunition with the following codes must be removed from service IMMEDIATELY:

Product Code: Q4355

Day Code: Any code beginning with F or EN

This recall only affects Winchester ammunition Q4355, 180grain, Bonded SERVICE with day

codes outlined above.

Someone is asleep at the QC switch at Winchester.

Adios,

Pizza Bob