joe66

I cant believe it p2p in 33 days!

I applied for 3 p2p in east brunswick on july 19 2012.I got the letter today to pick up my p2p .33 days, i cant believe it.Last p2p was applied for on jan 3 2012.I picked them up on april 4 2012.Fourteen weeks.I dont know what changed in 3 months,dont care,this is what i call progress.Nice going east brunswick! I wont mention having tobe re fingerprinted .58 bucks...I guess prints change every few years.sic...

Henry,

Keep us posted on how soon you'll get your PP's. I sure hope that they're processing this faster this time around.

As far as extensions, anybody applying for one, please let us know how the EBPD handles them.

I get mine from Aberdeen/Matawan and they are actually really good with P2Ps. Pretty much 30 days on the dot.

My FID was another story. After that it's been smooth sailing so far.

I called east brunswick PD. The lady who works on permits said they had a meeting 2wks ago,they want to stop people who get 3 p2p and drag their feet buying a handgun,and comming to them after 90 days asking for extentions on all 3 permits.I said what about the 30 day law,she said if you buy handgun soon after getting permits it should work out.If not, next time dont get more then 2.Although in the end she said if you have a good reasion extentions will be granted subjuct to their judgment. Is this legeal?

I called east brunswick PD. The lady who works on permits said they had a meeting 2wks ago,they want to stop people who get 3 p2p and drag their feet buying a handgun,and comming to them after 90 days asking for extentions on all 3 permits.I said what about the 30 day law,she said if you buy handgun soon after getting permits it should work out.If not, next time dont get more then 2.Although in the end she said if you have a good reasion extentions will be granted subjuct to their judgment. Is this legeal?

True dat. Extensions are at the discretion of the CLEO.