XDJohnTact

H&R Revolver of Top-Break design

A friend of mine has a H&R .32ACP antique revolver. It appears to be ~100 years old and used to function but now seems to have a broken trigger return spring. I looked at it briefly and it appears to be held together with pins or rivets, making it seem to be very difficult to disassemble? My question is, does anyone have any experience with these or know of a smith that works on them?

Yeah, I have been doing that too. the only weird think is that it seems to be pinned or riveted together? Not sure I want to blindly knock these out since they are plated to match the gun? It is only the challenge that intrigues me. Someone here gave me a real good lead to try as well.

I have an old H & R top break in .38 S&W that I had to disassemble and replace a few springs in, then I sprayed it wiht moly-resin. I may be able to help ou out with it. Yes they are pins, and need to be driven out with a hammer/punch. I was able to get the springs I needed from Numrich, and Wolff. they are flat leaf springs inside, and gettign everything to stay lined up while re-installilng those pins was fun. The trigger spring has probably rusted in half on it. Let me know if you want to endeavor into it.

They should come out without much effort, as they are not tapered or grooved or anything like that. Howerver, they are thin, real thin. So getting them back into the frame without bending them can be an exercise in patience. Just keep track of how everything comes apart, so you cna put it all back in the right order.