Sign in to follow this  
EO1986

Maple Shade Sportsmens Club

Is anyone here familiar with the Maple Shade Sportsmens Club in Maple Shade, off of RT73 @ Main St? I remember seeing a billboard for it on RT73 for it years ago, but never visited it. A few years ago the sign disappeared. I have access to property records electronically, and I checked awhile ago and saw that the piece of land they are/were on was transferred to the NJ DOT in 2009. I figured they were a casualty of all the reconstruction they've been doing on RT73. A few weeks ago though, i saw their sign is back, on the RT73 N exit ramp onto Main St. Maybe they are now renting the land from the DOT? The only info I have been able to find about this club on google is an article from the Inquirer in 1991 talking about their yearly turkey shoot.

Is this place dead or are they just keeping a very low profile on the internet? I believe all they have is a trap or skeet range, but it would be nice to have someplace to go until Delran reopens. I think the sign said they open in early september, so maybe i'll stop by next month to see whats up.

Thanks