302w

Laminating your FID/Where to buy 7.62x54R

I am combining two threads here to make things easy.

First, what do you guys do to your FID's? Laminate them?

I had laminated my FID a year ago when I got it so it wouldn't get destroyed in my pocket. Went to the DMV today to get a new license (todays my 21st birthday, woo), and the guy in front told me that my FID isn't accepted for my six points of ID because its laminated. I went home and angrily de-laminated my FID and went back. When I was getting my new drivers license I asked if they accept laminated ones... they do. She said she will talk to him. So I need a new way to protect my FID and I will probably just relaminate it.

Secondly, I got a Mosin and I need some 7.62x54R and I don't know where I can buy some surplus locally. Hackettstown had $9/box of Romanian surplus and no spam cans left, and Furniture Depot in Mount Bethel had it for $139(!). Morris County area preferred and I would like to avoid Silver Bullet.

Just another idiot making up rules. Mine is laminated and they accepted it. Even teased me about being a Rambo... I own a cold laminator... They are not that expensive and work well. You'll find yourself laminating everything in sight. Lol.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Just another idiot making up rules. Mine is laminated and they accepted it. Even teased me about being a Rambo... I own a cold laminator... They are not that expensive and work well. You'll find yourself laminating everything in sight. Lol.

I laminated mine the day I got it. I have a standard laminator that cost me $25. It's easily returned that cost this year.

The 3 times I have been to Caso's in JC, I bought a gun one of the times and they laminated it for me. I am up and down with their company but that was a big +1 to them.

You can buy x54R at most online ammo retailers. Most local shops frequently carry Privi or Herters x54R but it's expensive. Buy surplus at either Aimsurplus, surplusammo, the armory, etc.

I pretty much laminate all of my cards that don't have some type of protective covering. I use to use my laminating machine, but recently for wallet sized cards, I've been using those self-sticking laminating jackets from 3M. They work well and a lost less hassle.

I've had my FID since 1999 and I laminated it right away. I never had a problem with it till earlier this year. Believe it or not, one of the staff at RTSP told me that I wasn't supposed to laminate it, because that was considered defacing it. That was the only time I ever had an issue. Their explanation: it's the same law that prohibits you from laminating a social security card. I told them that that was a federal regulation that did not apply to the states.

I challenge anyone to show me a state law that prohibits laminating a FID.

I've had my FID since 1999 and I laminated it right away. I never had a problem with it till earlier this year. Believe it or not, one of the staff at RTSP told me that I wasn't supposed to laminate it, because that was considered defacing it. That was the only time I ever had an issue. Their explanation: it's the same law that prohibits you from laminating a social security card. I told them that that was a federal regulation that did not apply to the states.

I challenge anyone to show me a state law that prohibits laminating a FID.

RTSP didn't say anything about mine being laminated....

While we are on the subject, anyone get a registration recently? I just got my MC registration and it looks like the state cheaped out, its no longer durable(almost laminated) paper. Hell, it wasn't even perforated! That said I went to Staples with my insurance cards and got them all laminated at once.

RTSP didn't say anything about mine being laminated....

While we are on the subject, anyone get a registration recently? I just got my MC registration and it looks like the state cheaped out, its no longer durable(almost laminated) paper. Hell, it wasn't even perforated! That said I went to Staples with my insurance cards and got them all laminated at once.

Yeah I got a registration, cut it out yourself with scissors. They should just make it a key tag like Shop Rite. :-)