stormgate

new firearm owner here.

hi guys.

i just picked up my first gun. it's a remington 1911 R1s. love this thing. i've only put 50 rounds through it but i plan on putting a few more through it tomorrow.

i was just wondering where would a good place to buy ammo in bulk. i don't want to buy cheapo ammo (tula), just trying to get a better price on decent ammo. don't mind stocking it at home. i did search through the forum, but my forum searching skills suck!

i picked up my piece at bullet hole. dealt with a guy named Carmine. cool dude. knew his stuff and helped me through the process.

today i used some ammo brand called "independence". shot pretty good. 230gr FMJ. i'm not tied to any specific brand.

thanks for your help!

Hi and Welcome,

Interesting,

Was just looking up,a Remington r1 for my next purchase....Where did you buy yours?

You can buy bulk ammo online at various places...here is a few

Www.sgammo.com

Www.aimsurplus.com

Www.sportsmansguide.com

Www.ammotogo.com

IMHO, go to Dicks Sporting Goods and get a Scorecard. .45 ACP goes on sale every few weeks. Buy a couple of boxes and stock up that way. Every couple of weeks, Dicks will send you gift cards that are redeemable for ammo. I'll buy anything when somebody is paying me to buy it.

Welcome to Gun ownership. Take an ownership course. Be safe and have fun.

IMHO, go to Dicks Sporting Goods and get a Scorecard. .45 ACP goes on sale every few weeks. Buy a couple of boxes and stock up that way. Every couple of weeks, Dicks will send you gift cards that are redeemable for ammo. I'll buy anything when somebody is paying me to buy it.

Welcome to Gun ownership. Take an ownership course. Be safe and have fun.

This. Once you get comfortable with it start buying online too.

Welcome to the forum!

thanks everyone!

i picked up my 1911 r1s at bullethole in belleville.

great piece. i love it. it's like a collectors piece to me. shot another 200 rounds through it yesterday.

one thing i did notice is it got hot after a while. (say 100 rounds or so) understandable, but my question is, at what point should i let her cool down before throwing a few more rounds through her. i don't want to damage the gun, or even worst, hurt myself because i was firing her while she was hot.

if i had two guns, it would be easier to let her cool down... hmmm... that would be the best remedy... although expensive, but none-the-less the best remedy :)

thanks again!

4th sgammo. but also check out gun-deals.com they have an 'ammo' tab at the top, then you can search by caliber. it searches a network of sights and shows you stats, case type, primer, corrosive/non corrosive, cost per round, how many rounds in the deal, where the deal is. AWESOME website, its actually how i found sg ammo hahaha.

http://gun-deals.com/