checko

went to targetmasters in Chadds Ford PA

It is my birthday today and to celebrate me my brother and my gf went to targetmasters so I could rent some full auto. Aside from the rental gun (UMP 9mm) jamming every 10 rds or so it was a great time. Place was extremely friendly, showed us several guns even though they knew we had no intention to buy, RO was attentive and helpful. He even told me "Some places only want you to load 4 or 5 rounds at a time with full auto, F*** that dude, load them all and have fun." Ammo prices were not bad at all for rentals. 9mm was about 13 and 5.56 was 10 or so I think. Much more reasonable than anticipated.

Definitely a place I will be returning to and hope you all check it out if you get a chance.

He even told me "Some places only want you to load 4 or 5 rounds at a time with full auto, F*** that dude, load them all and have fun."

"It's going to jam after a few rounds anyway so it doesn't really make a difference" :D

Man, that sucks. I hope they waived the charges.

One of my very good friends shoots there and I owe him and his friends a trip down there since they always come up here. I will contact you before I go and you can shoot a 9mm SMG that doesn't jam. No charge.

"It's going to jam after a few rounds anyway so it doesn't really make a difference" :D

Man, that sucks. I hope they waived the charges.

One of my very good friends shoots there and I owe him and his friends a trip down there since they always come up here. I will contact you before I go and you can shoot a 9mm SMG that doesn't jam. No charge.

Thanks, pm responded. But like I said it wasn't a terrible experience at all. I only went through about 3 boxes of 9mm so it wasn't a huge deal to me. Just a couple of FTE. I figured I probably caused it somehow anyway.

On the topic of you causing it I wonder if you can limp wrist a full auto like you can any semi auto pistol and cause feeding problems. I would think so and being that the gun is recoiling a few times a second you might he right about the problem. I have never fired a full auto gun be intrested to find out from someone that has some real trigger time behind these weapons.

Btw how far is this range fr central jersey would be intrested I taking a trip to fire full auto. Also why are the prices like I saw e ammo prices weren't that bad but what about range and rental fees

On the topic of you causing it I wonder if you can limp wrist a full auto like you can any semi auto pistol and cause feeding problems. I would think so and being that the gun is recoiling a few times a second you might he right about the problem. I have never fired a full auto gun be intrested to find out from someone that has some real trigger time behind these weapons.

Btw how far is this range fr central jersey would be intrested I taking a trip to fire full auto. Also why are the prices like I saw e ammo prices weren't that bad but what about range and rental fees

I was figuring that was the problem. I was very tentative at first only giving short bursts. By the end I was controlling the recoil much better and had a full mag dump with no issues.

I took me about 1 hour 15 mins-1 hour 30 mins from hillsborough. Not too bad. The rental fees are 10 bucks for a semi or revolver and 20 bucks for a full auto. You'll pay WAY more. The lane fee was 15 for an hour I think. They werent chasing us out the door even after we went over a little bit.

been there a few times. most, MOST of the guys there are pretty cool and very helpful.. i do remember one guy that looked like he was just barely old enough to own a handgun that seemed to think he had something to prove.

the range is pretty nice, prices aren't too bad. my advice: don't go on a weekends, mondays, fridays or holidays. i waited almost an hour and a half one monday after work. the same day i too had some failure to eject issues with their mp5.

Takes me about an hour and a half from Toms River. Since I am going to work on my son's house, or on one of his cars, or on one of the bots, or on some of our guns, I don't mind the trip. Heck, last weekend he even invited me out just to have a BBQ! rofl.gif

been there a few times. most, MOST of the guys there are pretty cool and very helpful.. i do remember one guy that looked like he was just barely old enough to own a handgun that seemed to think he had something to prove.

the range is pretty nice, prices aren't too bad. my advice: don't go on a weekends, mondays, fridays or holidays. i waited almost an hour and a half one monday after work. the same day i too had some failure to eject issues with their mp5.

My wait was like 10 mins Saturday afternoon

Hi all,

Just a heads up, had been there a couple of times last year. Went this past weekend and was told they have a new rule in place, if you are by yourself and renting (not bringing your own gun), you are not allowed to shoot. You need to bring at least one other person. Darn! Girl behind the counter went on to explain they had a couple of suicides at the range over the past year:

http://www.philly.co...-gun-range.html

and

http://articles.philly.com/2012-02-17/news/31071808_1_west-chester-man-second-suicide-state-police

Also checked when I got home and they do mention it on their website:

"

To help ensure the safety of the staff and other patrons, the following policy is effective immediately:

• NO CUSTOMER MAY RENT A GUN IF THEY ARE SHOOTING ALONE"

Was bummed because I had a good time the few times I had been there, a pretty nice place, reasonable prices, casual atmosphere.

-DB

Mikeythumbs I live just off route 130 in the delran area about 10 minutes from the Betsy Ross bridge. My son goes to DuPont children's hospital that is on the same road as targetmasters. The range is about 10 minutes past the hospital and usually only takes us 45 minutes to get there. Hope that helps any for travel Times. It's a pretty simple drive, hit 95 south and take that into delaware until you hit the exit for concord pike(202) and you go probably 10 to 12 minutes down on the right. I have yet to shoot there but I did look around the place and it seems really nice.