notmetoo

Monster Hunter, Grimnoir, or Dead Six fans out there?

Thought I'd let folks know that conservative novelist (and firearms trainer, former gun shop owner, and accountant) Larry Correia will be in the area for book signings.

For those that don't know him, read some of his blog entries: http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com. His books are light, fun escapism. And all the gun action is realistic.

Here are his two area signings:

September 11, B&N, Willow Grove PA 7pm

September 12, Book Trader in Mercerville NJ, 7pm

These are some pretty entertaining books. The gun geek in me smiles as I read them.

I just downloaded book 4 in the Monster Hunter series, "Monster Hunter Legion" from Baen EBooks tonight. I will start it in the morning when I get home from work. Only $6.00 and readable in Kindle and iBooks format (I think Nook too).

I am eagerly awaitng the next "Dead Six" novel.

http://www.baenebooks.com/ they have a pretty good free section there too if you are into Sci-FI/Fantasy.

I have read all his books except Dead Six (because I have not found it in my local B&N) and Monster Hunter Legion (because I don't want it as an E book and hard cover does not come out untill the 9th). Personaly I like the Grimnoir series the best. It's like X-Men set in the 1930's mixed with some diesel punk.

"Legion" hard cover arrived for me on Wednesday from Amazon. This will be the first of his books, besides Dead Six, that I actually READ. I mostly listen to books anymore.

I'm a little torn, but agree with you, JSF01. I think the Grimnoir series is more original and the characters are more interesting.