jrfly3006

Efinger's Bound Brook

I ve been a few times but only to buy remoil and stuff.

Most of their guns are overpriced and the salesmen have zero interest in selling any gun........

Lou s gun shop is 5 miles from Effinger s and as friendly as they can be......you can also knock down the price a bit at Lou s

Effingers is a pretty large store, love the fish tank in the middle. Worth a visit. Their prices on ammo were reasonable when other stores were gouging. Prices on firearms were pretty high though.

Employees were average at best and you can absolutely tell they did not really have a lot of personal interest.

I can't wait to hear everyone trash talk Efingers...LOL!

Unfortunately, everyone is right on par. Prices are high, they do NOT have an extensive firearms selection, and the employees are grumpy and have the typical 'gun shop arrogance'.

Take your business elsewhere.

I bought my first shotgun there. I'm sorry I did.

I actually love the gun, but they only had a handful of shotguns for sale, and they were all overpriced. Not to mention the sales people came across as if I was wasting their time.

Wish I had explored my options more, but it was literally the day after I picked up my FID and I was antsy.

Find somewhere else, especially if you don't know what you want. They don't have nearly enough to go there just to "browse."

The rest of the store is nice, though, and they seem to have a ton of fishing gear.

I agree, Effs is lame. I've only been to Lou's once, great selection - especially long guns. But they turned me off too. They were cold when I walked in and couldnt be bothered to serve me as they were busy BS-ing and watching videos.

Lou's is a great shop. I have not bought from there yet because when I want something I usually don't want to compromise and they don't have exactly what I want in stock. Or I don't have the funds to buy new and don't want to wait so I find someone for a f2f purchase. But they are a good crew and very knowledgeable. They will work with you on the price and even let you make payments until your permits come in.

Bocci, I'm in that store on almost on daily basis and they great every single person the same. The moment you walk in, they say hello and ask what they can help you with. I can't think of one time, they haven't greeted someone in this manner..

On top of that, 9/10 times, the owner is sitting there as well and I'm sure he didn't let them ignore you..

I've seen people come in and look at 20/30 pistols and not buy any, they're treated just the same as joe nobody that walks in and buys the first gun he holds..

Effingers has gotten much better on price over the last two years. The selection not so great but I find they have a good eye for used handguns (I bought a 1968 colt officer match 6" for $450 last fall). The sales guys have gotten less grumpy but still fall short of glad to see you.

I'm picking up a 22 rifle for my son this weekend from Lou's. Chris has been great - he ordered a right handed Savage Rascal to size him against and then ordered him a left handed one. He did a lot of work for a $200 rifle and was very pleasant throughout. I find their pricing comparable to Eff but the service much better. I plan to make future purchases from them if this one goes well

Anyone buy from the Heritage Guild out on 22 in Branchburg yet? Great selection. High prices.

Bought my stripped stag lower for $110 and my dad got an xds 45 with all the accessories for $640. They are very knowledgable and helped Botg of us out alot. Some of the paper work got messed up so they gave us 2 hours free at the Easton range

Bocci, I'm in that store on almost on daily basis and they great every single person the same. The moment you walk in, they say hello and ask what they can help you with. I can't think of one time, they haven't greeted someone in this manner..

On top of that, 9/10 times, the owner is sitting there as well and I'm sure he didn't let them ignore you..

I've seen people come in and look at 20/30 pistols and not buy any, they're treated just the same as joe nobody that walks in and buys the first gun he holds..

Been there several times and I've stood there for several minutes while staff was sitting around chatting behind the counter and none of them greeted me or asked if I needed any help. Their prices are sky high too. On one occassion after waiting for several minutes to be helped, I ased the old guy behind the counter if he had a Sig P226 in stock that I could look at and he looked at me and said "I don't what the heck you're talking about... we don't have that!". I said "Oh OK" and just walked out because I was annoyed with how nasty his response was. After that I haven't been back.

Effingers has gotten much better on price over the last two years. The selection not so great but I find they have a good eye for used handguns (I bought a 1968 colt officer match 6" for $450 last fall). The sales guys have gotten less grumpy but still fall short of glad to see you.

I'm picking up a 22 rifle for my son this weekend from Lou's. Chris has been great - he ordered a right handed Savage Rascal to size him against and then ordered him a left handed one. He did a lot of work for a $200 rifle and was very pleasant throughout. I find their pricing comparable to Eff but the service much better. I plan to make future purchases from them if this one goes well

Anyone buy from the Heritage Guild out on 22 in Branchburg yet? Great selection. High prices.

Been to Heritage many times... Great selection... Prices can vary and somtimes are pretty high... I got a great deal on brand new Ruger Mark III Hunter earlier this year. They sold it to me for a lower price than I had been able to find anywhere else (in a store or online). I've heard from some others that if you try to talk them down on the price, they will work with you... but I haven't tried that yet as I've only bought 2 pistols from them so far and both were priced very well.

Can you actually blame the store? people go in for sports equipment & wondered into the firearms section. and of course most of them don't have a permit, ready to buy.

you get dudes at the counter, saying stuff like:

- dude, can you show me the lethal weapon gun?

- dude, can you show me 007's gun?

- dude, can you show me the tank rambo drives?

when you go into a dedicated firearms only store, salespeople actually expect the right kind of customers..

go figure.

Can you actually blame the store? people go in for sports equipment & wondered into the firearms section. and of course most of them don't have a permit, ready to buy.

you get dudes at the counter, saying stuff like:

- dude, can you show me the lethal weapon gun?

- dude, can you show me 007's gun?

- dude, can you show me the tank rambo drives?

when you go into a dedicated firearms only store, salespeople actually expect the right kind of customers..

go figure.

"-dude, can you show me the tank rambo drives?" Seriously? Son... how old are you? Does your mom know you skipped after school?

was raised in Bound Brook and have been to Effingers more times then I can count. The others a spot on. Effingers prices are not good at all. the selection is so/so, but on average prices are about $100 more on handguns then other local stores. As far as ammo being reasonable, yes they are as long as you don't mind shelling out almost $20 for a 50 count of Federal.

Lou's is a pretty good shop

Bullseye is also pretty good, not a huge selection on hand (but he's working on it) but prices are pretty darn good.

I also like the fact that if Lou's or Bullseye does not have what you want in stock, they will be happy to order one for you, the only thing Effingers will order is more attitude from their "Salespeople"