tony357

Iran plans to deploy warships off US coast

islamic-first-missile-nour.n.jpg

a test firing of an Iranian Nour missile from the Islamic republic's first domestically-manufactured destroyer, named Jamaran, off the southern shores of the Gulf. This is the first time a Nour missile is launched for testing from the locally-made warship.(AFP Photo / Ebrahim Noroozi)

TRENDS:Iran tension

TAGS: Oil, Conflict, Iran, USA, Vessels

Iran says it will counter US presence in its waters by sending ships to the international waters off the US coast, says Iranian Navy chief Admiral Sayyari.

No specifics were mentioned, but during an interview broadcast on state TV, Sayyari said the plans were aimed for“the next few years.”

In the past two years Iran has broadened the range of its navy, sending ships to the Mediterranean Sea and the Indian Ocean.

Sayyari did not deny that the proposed measure was a response to the increase in the number of US vessels in the Strait of Hormuz, a key oil passageway off the coast of Iran, which Tehran previously threatened to shut off.

“We will not allow anyone to trespass our country’s waters. There is no need for anyone else to establish security in our region,” said Sayyari.

The US Fifth Fleet is currently located in Bahrain, on the southern coast of the Strait of Hormuz.

More than a third of all the seaborne oil in the world passes through the narrow waterway.

Due to US and EU-led sanctions against the Islamic Republic, which the West suspects of covertly developing nuclear weapons, Iran’s export of oil has halved in the past year.

Financial data company Bloomberg reports that the country is missing out on $130 million a day in lost sales as a result.

In response to the sanctions, Tehran threatened to block the Strait of Hormuz. A majority of Iranian parliamentariansvoted in favor of the blockade in July, and although the vote was seen as largely symbolic, the option is still on the table.

The US then upped its presence, and currently has two aircraft carriers in the region, also scheduling extensive war games for later this month.

Iranian high command has previously claimed that it will send its ships towards the US, but the threats have not yet resulted in actions.

Tension between the two countries are at a high, as speculation mounts that Washington’s close ally Israel may carry out a (possibly US-supported) strike on Iran to derail its incipient nuclear program.

Just picturing a bunch if guidos taking their speedboats out to see, with a load of chicks in bikinis.

I wonder what the Iranians might do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would probably scare them all the way back to the Persian Gulf!

Just picturing a bunch if guidos taking their speedboats out to see, with a load of chicks in bikinis.

I wonder what the Iranians might do..

probably nothing unless the girls looked like goats.. :shok: :ph34r: =@ :shok:

Send them out 72 trannys on a skiff. They won't know the difference. (smacking self, lol)... :thsmiley_deadhorse:

I wonder what the Iranians might do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send them out, we'll wait. :aikido:

Not that I would in any way want to see our servicemen put into harms way (not really much of a threat here, anyway), but I would would love to see one of those rowboats to challeng a US battle group in international waters.

Politics being what is it, the mere fact it's there means we have to intercept it and watch it. Not really a big threat, although we do have oil rigs out there.

Iran isn't stupid. Things are proceeding with their enrichment program deep underground. Unless and until Israel makes a move, nothing will change. This is the new Cold War, the new "normal".

We have two Surface Action Fleets near the Strait. Everything from Oilers to Fast Attack Subs for EACH! That's enough firepower to project ANY political solution, especially if we need a military option.

subs in the gulf and now these knuckle heads off the gulf coast, could it be they are testing us to see what we will do and if nothing they get to scout. Can their be a multi strike from several countries in the making.. don't the rusky's support iran?

Odds are they never make it over here. They have said this in the past and can't handle it logistically. Also, there is a high probability they will have a mutiny of sorts with crewmen seeking asylum once they see an US warship in the area.

Actually, I just got back on the mainland from sabotaging one of their ship's weapons. LMAO. =@ :keeporder: Don't fook with us New Joisians!

Their missiles will never make it.

post-5135-0-83572600-1346850005_thumb.jpg

Putting Israel to the side for a moment, don't we here in the good ole USA owe the Iranians a serious ass kicking? There is a tab that's certainly way past due: The embassy takeover in the late seventies, the bombing of the Marine barracks in Lebanon (carried out by Hezbollah, an Iranian sponsored, armed and trained force), the many, many US soldiers killed in Iraq either directly by Iranian agents and/or by IEDs manufactured and supplied by Iran, etc. etc. I really don't want to see our troops in harms way again, but these goat f***ers really need to be schooled. From what I know, many average Iranians are pro-American, but the fanatics in charge need to be introduced to the business end of a JDAM.

This is just a stupid announcement by the Iran to hit some American nerves. It will never happen since they know themselves that would be no treat to USA. If shit hit the fan those ships would be under water in seconds. People need to relax about Iran since that country is no treat to USA at all even if they acquired nukes!

This would be the worst mistake for USA to get into a war with Iran. Romney would have to borrow more money than Obama ever did.

The best scenario is to create a chaos in the Middle East and hate between Sunni-Shia so they can have a war between themselves. And potentially support one side lets say Saudi Arabia...is that already happening?

I worry more about what that scumbag in Venezuela is up to, as Chavez has made it a point to cozy up to the Soviets, the Iranians and any other country who could possibly be against our best interests.

Yet I see long lines every day at the local Citgo station....

The present occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue would apologize to them and invite them to the White House. Should he not be re-elected the new president could offer them a choice: Go away or start treading water. Hell, I'd even offer them bacon sandwiches if they get hungry out there!

Though they said they would send it off our coast, Iran has no intention of doing so. It was said as propaganda, and that propaganda was directed mostly to Iranians. It isn't uncommon for them to make claims like this. In fact they do so fairly often.