Sign in to follow this  
JerseyMike24

Glock - Shooter Ready

New Glock advertisement featuring U.S. Army Ranger Matthew Martini. "A year ago, he had not really shot USPSA. Now he is a hair from making Master in Production." Thought it was pretty cool. Just sharing, didn't see it posted here.

Never met this guy... and I thought I knew all the glock sponsored shooters. =) He was not at Area 8.

As far as I was aware it was only KC and Tori.

Where did Glock put this advertisement up? Really awesome of them to do more of this to get others to shoot. Lately, they have been loosing ALOT of people (customers shooting glocks in matches) to CZ and S&W, with less extent Springfield and EAA/Tanfoglio.

If you look overseas, on an international level... it is Mostly EAA/Tanfoglios and CZ that rule the competition world.

I was considering a Glock 34 and 35 and shooting production division next year, will finish out the year with Limited 10 @ nationals with the SVI.

Mr. Wombat... quite a few people shoot hollow points. I have switched exclusively to hollow points for matches.

1. Cleaner holes

2. cleaner gun (no exposed lead being pushed)

3. Better accuracy as the center of gravity is towards the back of the bullet as opposed to the front.

uploadfromtaptalk1346894238997.jpg

btw, the hollow points that competitors will use, are not really defensive hollow points as you may see on Speer Gold Dots, etc.

In the picture above, is a good comparrison between fmj/round nose and hallow points. As you can see, not a true hollow point per say.

From Left to Right...

1. 180 grain Hollow Point Extreme Plated

2. 180 grain FMJ Precision Delta

3. 124 grain Montana Gold JHP

4. 115 grain pulled bullet from Winchester? Or something like that.

Will take another pic in a sec, showing the base.

For those that do not reload... and are worried about lead levels... JHP (jacketed hollow points) and plated hallow points do not have an exposed lead base. So when the round is fired, the only exposed part is the hollow point of a JHP round. The plated hollow points or CMJ/TMJ (complete or total metal jacket) have no exposed lead base.

Cleaner barrel, compensator, and less lead blown in your face.