AnthonyG

Question on .50 beowulf mags

Looked around forums couldnt find anything so,my understanding is that a standard pmag that holds 30 rounds of 5.56 can hold 10 rounds of beowulf. Although the intent would be to load 10 rounds of beowulf I have to assume you run into some legal issues because of the 'DEADLY POTENTIAL" of putting 5.56 in the magazine. What do others do and or what can I do if I choose to go with this size round in my next AR build?

That's a good point... What if you purchase the magazines out of state and stamp .50 Cal Beowulf on it?

I mean, I bet I could fit a good 30 rounds of .22 LR into one of my Beretta 92, but that doesn't mean it's actually going to fire it out of by 9mm Beretta.

Exactly, if it feeds and fires into an SA gun, then its a no-go. Provided 5.56 still works even with the .50 beo follower, its a dangerous game and a risk of prosecution will always be there.

wouldn't that essentially make any of the guns with 15 round .40S&W magazines illegal. like the glock 22? since you can put a 9mm barrel in the gun and it will still function?

Exactly, if it feeds and fires into an SA gun, then its a no-go. Provided 5.56 still works even with the .50 beo follower, its a dangerous game and a risk of prosecution will always be there.

Exactly my point. If you can put more than 15rds of 9mm in a 40s&w glock mag and it will function in a 9mm gun, that would be the same thing

Say you have a g17 and a g22 Can you load more than 15 rds of 9mm in the g22 mags? Will they shoot out of the g17? Would it then be illegal to own both guns. Even if you never knew this information prior? I'm pretty sure if you put a lone wolf 9mm barrel in a g22 it will function fine.

If they could shoot out of a 9mm glock and function then yes a case could be made against you. However I don't believe they will function...even ion the almightly glock

Ive personally done it (in PA) with a friends XD .40 and 9mm conversion barrel, worked just fine. It was a few years ago but IIRC the .40 mags held 16 or 17 rounds of 9mm.

Same question applied to 10rd .40 mags during the federal awb. They would hold 12 rounds of 9mm. They however did not function to the same degree if reliability. This was due to the feed lips not being set up for 9mm.

Although .50 Beowulf mags have a different follower, if the feed lips are not modified, I wouldn't count on feeding getting reliable in time for round 16. I wouldn't want to have to mount an affirmative defense on it.