MicroChip

Fair Lawn Pistol & Rifle Club

Does anybody know anybody at Fair Lawn Pistol & Rifle? I live in Glen Rock, I can practically see the range from my house. I know the Fair Lawn PD use that range, and recently the Glen Rock PD have reached an arrangement to train there as well. It is otherwise a closed membership and it does say Fair Lawn Residents only, but I can throw a rock from where I live to where that range is. There's no phone number or website, just the email address on the where to shoot listing, and I've emailed several times with NO response. I want to give them my money and be able to shoot my 9mm there but I can't seem to get a response.

Thanks!

MC

I posted about them on the range thread. Their number is 201 794 5381, but they only answer during shooting hours, mentioned below. Ask for Dave. They only shoot at 25 yards and won't allow you to set up your target any closer, citing possible damage of the floors/ceilings/around the backstop etc. I didn't end up joining.

Name: Fair Lawn Pistol & Rifle Club

Location: Boro Recycling Center, 20-05 Saddle River Road, Fair Lawn, NJ 07410

Public/Private: Private

Membership costs: $65 one-time initiation fee, $65/yr annual dues

Membership requirements: Fair Lawn resident, valid NJ FID, NRA membership, age 21+ only

Guests: Unknown

Pistol: Yes - indoor

Indoor: 25 yards, 10 ports, auto turn and retrieve targets

Rifle: Yes - indoor, .22 rimfire only

Skeet: No

Trap: No

Pits: No

Steel: No

Extras: Restrictions - range is open on Tues 6-8pm for practice and Wed 6-8pm for club league shooting (NRA conventional pistol and Police L). Also open one Friday evening of each month for .22 rimfire rifle shooting. No key access; members can only shoot at appointed times. Range is closed during the months of Jul/Aug. No magnum or +P rounds. Five round load limit. As of 1/26, current membership is 65 persons, with max of 80. Long wait list.

The bylaws only for a 50/50 split of resident and non resident members. They have a long list of non residents awaiting membership that will not open until residents join. Nice place I used to compete there 100 years ago.

I was on their pistol team for years. (many decades ago) Nice range, nice guys too. But FYI only lead bullets. No +P, no magnum, no jacketed bullets. So if you can shoot lead out of your 9mm you're good to go, if you ever get in. It may have changed but there was no 2 handed shooting, no combat. It was old school .22;.38 wadcutters; .45 semi-wadcutters and a few 9's mostly reloads because of the full lead bullets.

There are (were) some very experienced shooters there, and one can learn a lot from them.

I live in Hawthorne and we have a small range in town which is still really close to you. i am not sure if it is for Hawthorne residents only but i can tell you there is plenty of friendly ppl there we have a 25yd target set up and we shoot trap as well if you are interested in give it a shot ill be more than happy to introduce you

Hit a brick wall with fairlawn too. bascially was tol if not a competitor, the wait list was pretty long. I thought ridgewood or glen rock had thier own range for residents? Waldwick does I believe. It seems many of the towns in that area have small ranges (tax payer funded/police), but do not allow thier residents to use it. I think it would be great for the towns that have them to embrace their residents whom want to shoot at the existing ranges.

Cherry rIdge is one of the few options. out there.

You can forget Waldwick too. Wald residents can join no prob and also the residents of the associate towns who have their police use the range- i believe they are Allendale,Ramsey,Ridgewood HoHokus& Mid Pk. however the associate town wait is several yrs! Also as per these little ranges the hrs are very limited.