MosinRob

tube magazine fall under the same laws?

a buddy of mine asked if the 15rd mag law also applies to tubes like on a .22. If he loads it with shorts or another type he's way over. How do these guns stand?

15round law only applies to semi auto's

If you're talking about 'mag tube' then it sounds like a lever gun, and in that case, you can fill it up and let 'er rip!!

Lots of older tublar feed 17 shot 22lr, semi auto's are out still there. In free states, they would've been a nice first rifle. Here in NJ, you are setting them up to be a felon and a potential domestic terrorist as defined by the MSM.

Lots of older tublar feed 17 shot 22lr, semi auto's are out still there. In free states, they would've been a nice first rifle. Here in NJ, you are setting them up to be a felon and a potential domestic terrorist as defined by the MSM.

What Wojo said. 22 Tube fed semi-autos that are marked short, long, long rifle are often capable of holding way more than 15 shorts making the owner a (potential) felon.

Here's Paul Mulshine's article on this stupidity: http://blog.nj.com/n...great_idea.html

And this is what I was searching for which explains how one owner ran afoul of the law: http://smallestminor...this-to-be.html

There is a very simple modification that you can make to your inner tube that will make you good to go.

Then, you can replace your inner tube when you escape to America.

No need to worry about .22 shorts or longs unless your semiauto will operate with them (somehing I have never seen).

NJS 2C:39-1w(3) "Assault Weapon" means a semi-automatic shotgun with either a magazine capacity exceeding six rounds, a pistol grip, or a folding stock.

NJS 2C:39-1w(4) "Assault Weapon" means a semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 15 rounds.

DSC_0008-3.jpg

Now you've seen one.

What is that? How the heck does it cycle with a short?

ETA:

If I am not mistaken, a mag that holds 15 LR will hold 24 shorts. How is THAT ^^^ not a deadly assault firearm? :nono:

Edited by TheDon

What is that? How the heck does it cycle with a short?

ETA:

If I am not mistaken, a mag that holds 15 LR will hold 24 shorts. How is THAT ^^^ not a deadly assault firearm? :nono:

Who said it holds 15 LR? Or that it hasn't been modified to not hold more than 15 of anything? Go wag your finger elsewhere. Not to mention it was bought from an NJGF FFL.

What is that?

It's a rifle.

How the heck does it cycle with a short?

It pushes the (fairly light) bolt back.

As you can see on the roll mark, they recommend hi velocity ammo only, though I have had no problem with low velocity 22LR in it.

Who said it holds 15 LR? Or that it hasn't been modified to not hold more than 15 of anything? Go wag your finger elsewhere. Not to mention it was bought from an NJGF FFL.

UGH! :facepalm:

I was making fun of how NJ could consider a rifle that shoots .22 shorts as an "Assault Firearm."

I bought a Marlin 60 semi varient from a dealer in PA. I asked the guy if it took more than 15 in the tube. He didn't know and sold me the rifle. I got home and was able to load 17 or 18 22LR. My solution was a brass plug in the part you take out. It is pinned not soldered but you'd need a drift punch and an appropriate bock to remove it without damage. Now this older rifle takes only 15 in the tube. For about a week I was a terrorist with a dangerous assualt rifle. I also have a very old Mossberg 22 bolt (doesn't even have a serial number) that takes seven 22LR and 22 shorts with the factory original mag. I picked up an Triple K extended mag a while back that the package states is a 10 round magazine. It takes 18 or 19 rounds. I thought I was a criminal but quickly re-read the statute and it does say the round limit is for semi-auto.