I love TNoutdoors9 him & Hickok45 are my fay Youtubers, he(TNoutdoors9) does ALOT of ammo testing on his channel into ballistic gel...mostly hangun ammo but has done shotgun and I hear he is getting into rifle this yearl and does great job at it and very detailed. If you search his channel he has probably reviewed your HD choice load

there are a few more on youtube.

It looks very cool to watch it, unfortunately it provides very little if any benefits to me as a shooter as you only see the gun view. third person videos provide a ton more benefit as you can see the entire picture, how you are moving, reloading, etc. Besides, it does not weight a ton on your head. =)

Wanted to bump this,

doing a bit of research on the whole Contour vs gopro choice, contour obviously the better mounting options, having the bullet cam feature, but the gopros video is so much better.

anybody using a gopro and have a clever way of POV mounting that doesnt make you look like a moron, and isnt too uncomfertable and intrusive?

or clever ideas for mounting the contour dead center of a hat? I imagine the weight of the camera on the front of the hat would weigh it down?

the ear muff contour mount seems to be the best / least obstructive mount, but I like center pov much better

Alec, the raw video from my contour is really good quality. When it goes on youtube I think it gets compressed or something because it looks much worse after it's uploaded. As far as mounting a gopro, you might have to make a custom mount for yourself.

you have the countor roam ( 1 ) right frank?

They are selling the contour roam 2 now for like 160ish. Upgrades include 60fps @ 720p.

My only beef with the contour vs gopro, is like I said video quality, the gopros colors and clarity look so much better then the contours, even on youtube.

Frank, i've read that you need to " flatten " out the area on your ear muffs where the adhesive mount goes, was this the case for you, or was mount able to contour ( see what i did there? ) to the rounded surface of the ear muffs?

I see what you did there. Yes, I had to grind a flat surface on my muffs, I then used black rtv to make sure it wasn't coming off.

Hiker88 i think it was did a hat mount for his contour. There's a way to mount it to the brim - just rotate the lens 90 degrees.

I also have the original ContourHD 1080p. I prefer that over the ContourRoam (Roam is a step down in many people's opinions). The Contour 2+ is rated extremely high - http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/05/contour-plus-2-review/

Roam2 is better than the roam - for what you'll be using it for it should be fine.

It has better video quality than the Roam1.

See the comparison on the amazon page of the older models.

http://www.amazon.com/Contour-1600-ContourROAM-Hands-free-Camcorder/dp/B005GLFSYQ

I use the Contour. I think the GoPro has better image quality and I like the size better.

I do admit the Contour does fit the side of earmuffs much better. This vid (below) was shot

exclusively with the Contour HD.

As far as editors I use Sony Vegas Basic and just upgraded to Platinum. You only need

the most basic version and right now it's only $30 direct from Sony. It's lightyears ahead

of Windows Movie Maker. More of a learning curve but far more powerful.